Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Communicating with another application/device

Communicating with another application/device

chandu

I have a project in which I need to send info to/get info from a RS-232 port of the server depending on the client clicks on a asp web page.

How can I access a serial port from the ASP code itself. I tried to use MSCOMM... But it is not working. Is there any way to do this?

As an alternative mechanism, we planned to shift all the communication related stuff to Visual C++ application which sits as a service in the Server and do the necesary communication stuff whenever it receives any request from an ASP page. We planned to use socket communication between ASP page and VC++ application if we go with this way. What are the other ways that a VC application and a ASP application can talk to each other...?