Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > web database access locked

web database access locked

Carlos Solis

Good day

I am having a problem developing a web application for an
on line catalog. I
am using ms access XP on an XP professional platfrom. I
have been able to
succesfully develop a web page to query the database to
produce a list of
items in groups of 10, but when I request the next 10
items the server
returns the following error:

"Error Type:
Provider (0x80004005)
Unspecified error
/ECOTAssets/AssetList.asp, line 5"

after a few seconds (about 30), if I hit reload the page
will actually load.

I have already given the IUSR_Machine account modify
rights over the folder that holds the database.

I am assuming that the database is locked or something
like that. How can I
get it to work with out these waiting periods?

Thanks very much.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

http://www.aspfaq.com/2142
http://www.aspfaq.com/2009

--
http://www.aspfaq.com/
(Reverse address to reply.)

news:1a3a101c44e34$5ba962f0$(E-Mail Removed)...