Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Incrementing

Incrementing

James Baker

Is there an equivalent of the += method (C/C#) or am I basicaly stuck doing:

counter = counter + x?

Paul Baker [MVP, Windows - SDK]

I wonder that too, but I'm pretty sure that you are stuck.

Paul

"James Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there an equivalent of the += method (C/C#) or am I basicaly stuck

doing:

> counter = counter + x?

James Baker

Thanks...kind of a pain.

Oh, how I wish this company would move to .NET =).

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

If you used JScript for server-side scripting, yes there is.

--
Manohar Kamath
Editor, .netWire

"James Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there an equivalent of the += method (C/C#) or am I basicaly stuck

doing:

> counter = counter + x?

James Baker

That's what I figured...I'm stuck with VBScript so I guess I'll do it the
old fashioned way. Although it isn't even really old fashioned, it's been
around for years! =)

Ray at

In VBScript, no. But, you could make your own subroutine like so:

x = 1
up x
response.write x

Sub up(byRef i)
i = i + 1
End Sub

Ray at work

"James Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there an equivalent of the += method (C/C#) or am I basicaly stuck

doing:

> counter = counter + x?

James Baker

This might be asking a bit much, but there's no operator overloading in
VBScript, is there?

Ray at

I do not believe so. VBScript is pretty basic. Even the _current_ version
of VB.net doesn't support it.

If you're familiar with C++, how about skipping ASP and going to ASP.net
using C#?

Ray at work

"James Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> This might be asking a bit much, but there's no operator overloading in
> VBScript, is there?

Paul Baker [MVP, Windows - SDK]

He said "Oh, how I wish this company would move to .NET =).". So I don't
think that's happening.

Paul

message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I do not believe so. VBScript is pretty basic. Even the _current_

version
> of VB.net doesn't support it.
>
> If you're familiar with C++, how about skipping ASP and going to ASP.net
> using C#?
>
> Ray at work
>

> "James Baker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > This might be asking a bit much, but there's no operator overloading in
> > VBScript, is there?

James Baker

=)...good deduction. Last company I worked for, everyone was fluent in C#
and VB.NET so we had our pick of the litter so to speak when it came to
languages. I used C# exclusively, but could troubleshoot/write VB.NET if
need be. Going back to classic ASP is pretty rough, but I don't have much
choice and with the current job market...I'll take what I can get.

James

Incrementing value test Salman VHDL 2 04-13-2005 04:52 PM
Incrementing Assembly Version? =?Utf-8?B?bWVraW0=?= ASP .Net 5 10-29-2004 01:08 PM
Incrementing VHDL FOR loop constant by a value other than 1 Josh Graham VHDL 3 04-07-2004 07:03 AM
looping/incrementing problem... Mothra Perl 3 12-10-2003 02:01 AM
Incrementing Datagrid Value -- Simple Question Ron ASP .Net 0 06-30-2003 04:37 PM

Advertisments