Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > WebDav Server with ASP.NET IHttpHander, IIS 6.0

WebDav Server with ASP.NET IHttpHander, IIS 6.0

drasticp

I want to create a custom webdav server by implementing IHttpHandler in my own class and firing it via IIS 6.0 Wildcard Application Maps. I have written my HttpHandler class implementing IHttpHandler. In the ProcessRequest method, I simply write a line to the Application Event Log stating what verb was requested.

It doesn't work with a wildcard application map and a WebDav request.

If I configure an extension specific map (.test for example) and launch a GET request from a browser, the handler fires as expected and records the event to the Event Log. If I remove all extension specific maps and configure a Wildcard Application Map and launch a GET request from a browser, it works correctly. HOWEVER, when I try to map a drive to the virtual directory (with the mini-redirector in XP) I am prompted for username and password. No accounts even with administrator level access will satisfy the prompt. I always receive Error 5 (access denied)

A few other details: WebDav is enabled as a Web Service Extension in IIS 6 configuration. I've tried creating an application pool with administrator level identity. NTFS file permissions for the content directory are set to Everyone - Full Control. Write and Directory Browsing are checked on the application folder. I have configured my application in both the web server root and in a virtual directory.