Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Error Server.Transfer / Server.Execute ()

Error Server.Transfer / Server.Execute ()

Abdul Azeem

Hi!

Any one has Idea, How to use Server.Transfer and Server.Execute, When I
tried to use these methods I got an eror:

Server object error 'ASP 0230 : 80004005'
Server.Transfer Error
/SISWeb/portal_logon.asp, line 40
The call to Server.Transfer failed while loading the page.

anybody is there who can respond to this problem. Do I need to change any
setting at IIS ?

Thanks in Advance,
Mohammed.

Patrice

And the code is ? (also try to narrow down the groups)

"Abdul Azeem" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
>
> Any one has Idea, How to use Server.Transfer and Server.Execute, When I
> tried to use these methods I got an eror:
>
> Server object error 'ASP 0230 : 80004005'
> Server.Transfer Error
> /SISWeb/portal_logon.asp, line 40
> The call to Server.Transfer failed while loading the page.
>
> anybody is there who can respond to this problem. Do I need to change any
> setting at IIS ?
>
> Thanks in Advance,
> Mohammed.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

From http://www.aspfaq.com/2413

"Check the URL that you are passing to the transfer or execute method. Make
sure it is a relative URL, and that you can hit it with a browser.
Response.Write a Server.MapPath on the value you are passing, and make sure
it produces a valid local path."

Follow-ups set to asp.general only. Try to use a little discretion before
posting to eighteen different groups... what the heck does this have to do
with databases

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP