Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > regional settings in iis server

regional settings in iis server

Stefan Ljungstedt

Hello

Iīve ran into trouble after a server upgrade. Win server 2003, IIS ver. 6.
All regional settings on the server is swedish(thatīs what i want) and it
looks correct in all ways but when running the date function in a asp page
it returns english short date format 24/5/2004 when I think it should be
2004-05-24.

The problem is that the application assumes swedish short date format.

Iīve read somewhere that the IIS server account has itīs own settings, how
do I change this ?

regards
Stefan Ljungstedt

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

You modify IUSR_MachineName's password, log in as them, and change the
setting.

However, this can be overridden if someone is logged onto the server (e.g.
through a terminal server session).

There is a better way, that will prevent you from wondering if your shortcut
format will still work the same way tomorrow... just format the date
yourself instead of relying on formatDateTime.

http://www.aspfaq.com/2313

You can also play with session.LCID but I don't think there is a default
producing YYYY-MM-DD.

http://www.aspfaq.com/2260

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

"Stefan Ljungstedt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello
>
> Iīve ran into trouble after a server upgrade. Win server 2003, IIS ver. 6.
> All regional settings on the server is swedish(thatīs what i want) and it
> looks correct in all ways but when running the date function in a asp page
> it returns english short date format 24/5/2004 when I think it should be
> 2004-05-24.
>
> The problem is that the application assumes swedish short date format.
>
> Iīve read somewhere that the IIS server account has itīs own settings, how
> do I change this ?
>
> regards
> Stefan Ljungstedt

Dennis Eklund