Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Operation must use an updatable query

Operation must use an updatable query

David K

Hello,

I've been trying to make my db web applications to work in
my test server and I keep getting this everytime I try to
modidy the database:

Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
Operation must use an updateable query.

The curious thing is that in my web hosting provider's
space it works perfectly. I don't know what's wrong with
the configuration of my IIS. Any ideas?

I look at this document (nonsense):
us;q175168

Thanks,
David

Steven Burn

Have you checked the permissions for the folder/file's containing the
DB/site file's?

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

"David K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1115101c44155$ec001330$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to make my db web applications to work in
> my test server and I keep getting this everytime I try to
> modidy the database:
>
> Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
> Operation must use an updateable query.
>
> The curious thing is that in my web hosting provider's
> space it works perfectly. I don't know what's wrong with
> the configuration of my IIS. Any ideas?
>
> I look at this document (nonsense):
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
> us;q175168
>
> Thanks,
> David

Roland Hall

:
: Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
: Operation must use an updateable query.
:
: The curious thing is that in my web hosting provider's
: space it works perfectly. I don't know what's wrong with
: the configuration of my IIS. Any ideas?
:
: I look at this document (nonsense):
: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-
: us;q175168

I don't know. Did you dismiss the document since you labeled it nonsense?
The most common error I've seen with this issue is that the IUSR account
does not have change [modify] permissions on the folder the database is in.
You haven't told us what you've done and it's not curious that it works on
your web host and not on your test server if it is a permissions issue.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

http://www.aspfaq.com/2062
http://www.aspfaq.com/2009

Why is that KB article nonsense, by the way? Did you mean that you didn't
understand it? Those are two very different things.

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP