Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How do i differ between machine behind a router?

How do i differ between machine behind a router?

bob the yob

Is this possible or should I set a cookie with md5 session id and login time
and date.

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

You can't identify people with IP address... http://www.aspfaq.com/2069

MD5 is probably overkill... do you really think you need to protect user a
from user b trying to impersonate their cookie?

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

"bob the yob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is this possible or should I set a cookie with md5 session id and login
> time and date.

bob the yob

Thank you Mr Bertrand.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...