Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > help in redirecting asp pages on a page using frames

help in redirecting asp pages on a page using frames

quitaxe

hi
i am facing this problem when i redirect to a asp page using -

Response.redirect "mynext.asp"

the problem is that the current page is using frames so this
mynext.asp is also getting loaded in the frame itself. i need to
remove all the frames and load this mynext.asp in the entire browser
window. kind of like the <a href="mynext.htm" target="_top"> of html

how can this be done. please advice.
thanks

Bob Barrows [MVP]

quitaxe wrote:
> hi
> i am facing this problem when i redirect to a asp page using -
>
> Response.redirect "mynext.asp"
>
> the problem is that the current page is using frames so this
> mynext.asp is also getting loaded in the frame itself. i need to
> remove all the frames and load this mynext.asp in the entire browser
> window. kind of like the <a href="mynext.htm" target="_top"> of html
>
> how can this be done. please advice.
> thanks

Use the <FORM> element's target attribute.
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Mark Schupp

You cannot target a specific window from server-side code because the server
knows nothing of what windows are available. The browser controls the
windows so you need to user client-side code. Instead of response.redirect
try outputting HTML containing:

<script language="javascript">
top.document.location = "mynext.asp"'
</script>