Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP General Question

ASP General Question

Hilla

Hi,
Im sorry this question might seem trivial, but Im new to this..
I want to be able to use functions from a DLL (written in C++ or Visual Basic)
in an ASP.. - So actually the ASP calls these functions and gets answers back.
Is this possible?
If yes can someone show me how to do this?

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Hilla wrote:
> Hi,
> Im sorry this question might seem trivial, but Im new to this..
> I want to be able to use functions from a DLL (written in C++ or
> Visual Basic) in an ASP.. - So actually the ASP calls these functions
> and gets answers back. Is this possible?
> If yes can someone show me how to do this?

It must be a COM dll (ActiveX). You use it the same way you use dll's that
are supplied by MS:
set obj=createobject(...)

Bob Barrows

--