Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Flash or Text?

Flash or Text?

Dave

I don't think the text file is caching. The information in the text file is
called upon manually by the user of the flash movie.

Odd that the variable in which the text is stored doesn't clear once the
page is revisited. Flash can't permanently store the information without
having Shared Objects set up. (And they are not set up) I don't understand
how the text file could be cached since the user manually requests the
information after the page has loaded. The text information is being loaded
into a Flash variable. All commands within the Flash movie are referring to
an ASP file which draws from the text file.

The project is complex; so right now I'm focusing on using txt files. I'm
not a database guru yet.

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

I suggest you take this up in a Flash group...

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I don't think the text file is caching. The information in the text file

is
> called upon manually by the user of the flash movie.
>
> Odd that the variable in which the text is stored doesn't clear once the
> page is revisited. Flash can't permanently store the information without
> having Shared Objects set up. (And they are not set up) I don't understand
> how the text file could be cached since the user manually requests the
> information after the page has loaded. The text information is being

loaded
> into a Flash variable. All commands within the Flash movie are referring

> an ASP file which draws from the text file.
>
> The project is complex; so right now I'm focusing on using txt files. I'm
> not a database guru yet.

Can I make a Flash Object a live link using html instead of flash? johnsonholding@yahoo.com HTML 8 02-09-2012 05:33 AM
Another flash question - jpegs in flash movie acting oddly. Jim Higson HTML 1 09-21-2004 10:38 PM
flash problem, session id not consistent when using flash with query stirng parameters Bernie ASP .Net 0 09-05-2004 05:28 AM
Is Flash Flash? Targa Cisco 1 11-25-2003 03:34 PM
Why not a Flash -> flash device? Shaw Goh \(NetPlus Micro Computers\) Digital Photography 0 07-16-2003 09:57 AM

Advertisments