Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > how to uninstall -mozilla/ linux

how to uninstall -mozilla/ linux

r1_97

I intalled ver 1.3 via the tar file/installer on Red Hat ver 9. I want
to upgrade to Mozilla ver 1.4 but need to first uninstall the older
version as recommended. Since I installed ver 1.3 from a tar.gz file
rather than a rpm., how do I completely uninstall it??

Dnia 07/01/2003 10:15 PM, Użytkownik r1_97 napisał:
> I intalled ver 1.3 via the tar file/installer on Red Hat ver 9. I want
> to upgrade to Mozilla ver 1.4 but need to first uninstall the older
> version as recommended. Since I installed ver 1.3 from a tar.gz file
> rather than a rpm., how do I completely uninstall it??

You do not have to uninstall afaik. Installer will tell you that
directory where you want to install Mozilla already egzist and ask You
if You want to delete this. Say 'yes' and this is everything what you
need to do

Or you can manually delete /usr/local/mozilla

--
pozdrawiam, |<ońrad Karpieszuk ++ http://www.VivaMozilla.civ.pl
Website said: "Use Internet Explorer 5 or better". So i used Mozilla.

--
Serwis Usenet w portalu Gazeta.pl -> http://www.gazeta.pl/usenet/