Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP CDONTS error

ASP CDONTS error

*** JB

Hi,
I have been building a shopping cart & the final page will email the order
to an address given however I get the following error message using my ASP
localhost server.

Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01AD)
ActiveX component can't create object: 'CDONTS.NewMail'
/webshop_v1.5/post.asp, line 6

Clearly something is messed up with the CDONTS ASP function - Do I need to
manually set up CDONTS on my server or is setup by default on IIS 5.1

Here is the code from the file "post.asp"
http://www.qsconnect.co.uk/~gavin/post.asp

(Note this is a PHP server, therefore the link above will show the code of
the asp file & not actually execute it - just want to make that clear)

Many Thanks

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

There is no CDONTS in Windows XP. Use CDO.Message. See
http://www.aspfaq.com/2026

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

news:408cfc23$0$7362$(E-Mail Removed). ..