Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > View Users Exchange Inbox Via ASP ?

View Users Exchange Inbox Via ASP ?

Richard Morey

Hi,

I am trying to write an ASP page so that a user can view his / her inbox on
an ASP page.

I have searched high and low across the interent and seen things about CDO,
CDONT, CDOEX and CDOEXM but I'm not sure which is the right choice for my
situation.

We are running Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000 and our client
computers are all either Windows 2000 or XP Professional.

This app is for an intranet application which requires the user to log in
using his/her username/password for the domain server, so I have already
authenticated the user when they come to the page where I'd like them to be
able to see their inbox.

Can someone please give me some code examples on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Rich

Frederic

Exchange 2000 comes with a "webmail" feature! Just activate it and users
will be able to manage their mailbox from their browser

Here's the link for info about Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/owa/

Here's the link for the in depth documentation on Outlook Web Access for
Exchange 2000

Frederic
MCP (Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 2000 Directory Services)
IT Project+, i-Net+, CIW Associate, A+
member of: CompTIA-ITPro, HDI, IETF, ISOC
Mentor at Academos http://academos.qc.ca
http://fredsfastcram.netfirms.com

"Richard Morey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to write an ASP page so that a user can view his / her inbox

on
> an ASP page.
>
> I have searched high and low across the interent and seen things about

CDO,
> CDONT, CDOEX and CDOEXM but I'm not sure which is the right choice for my
> situation.
>
> We are running Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000 and our client
> computers are all either Windows 2000 or XP Professional.
>
> This app is for an intranet application which requires the user to log in
> using his/her username/password for the domain server, so I have already
> authenticated the user when they come to the page where I'd like them to

be
> able to see their inbox.
>
> Can someone please give me some code examples on how to accomplish this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Richard Morey

Hi,

Thanks for this info.. I am familiar with the "built in" web access for
Outlook, but I am building a portal for our intranet with an employee task
list pulled from our in house project managment / time tracking / billing
application and I'd love to add users e-mail to the portal.

Rich

"Frederic" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:idvic.84562$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Exchange 2000 comes with a "webmail" feature! Just activate it and users
> will be able to manage their mailbox from their browser
>
> Here's the link for info about Outlook Web Access for Exchange 2003
> http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/owa/
>
> Here's the link for the in depth documentation on Outlook Web Access for
> Exchange 2000

> Frederic
> MCP (Windows 2000 Professional and Windows 2000 Directory Services)
> IT Project+, i-Net+, CIW Associate, A+
> member of: CompTIA-ITPro, HDI, IETF, ISOC
> Mentor at Academos http://academos.qc.ca

> http://fredsfastcram.netfirms.com

> "Richard Morey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to write an ASP page so that a user can view his / her inbox

> on
> > an ASP page.
> >
> > I have searched high and low across the interent and seen things about

> CDO,
> > CDONT, CDOEX and CDOEXM but I'm not sure which is the right choice for

my
> > situation.
> >
> > We are running Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000 and our client
> > computers are all either Windows 2000 or XP Professional.
> >
> > This app is for an intranet application which requires the user to log

in
> > using his/her username/password for the domain server, so I have already
> > authenticated the user when they come to the page where I'd like them to

> be
> > able to see their inbox.
> >
> > Can someone please give me some code examples on how to accomplish this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Rich

Richard Morey

Hi Brian --

> Are you wanting to access their inbox on the server or on the client
> machine?

The ASP pages I am using to attempt to access the users Inbox are running on
IIS which is on the same machine as the Exchange Server, so I guess the
answer to that question is on the server..

>What client software do your users use to access their inbox?

Currently, the use Outlook because they are connecting to Exchange Server. I
am building a portal for our intranet with an employee task list pulled from
our in house project managment / time tracking / billing
application and I'd love to add users e-mail to the portal and eliminate the
need for Outlook to be installed on the client computers.

> Do you want to access their inbox programmatically or just display it in a
> browser window?

I want to access their inbox through a browser, as part of the page for the
portal I am building, so again here I guess the answer is to access the
inbox programmatically.

Thanks,

Rich

Richard Morey

Hey Brian --

The OCX thing is COOL!! I'm going to research methods, etc.. for this. Is
there a way to get it to check for new mail?

Rich

"Brian Staff" <brianstaff@[NoSpam]compuserve.com> wrote in message
> Richard,
>
> hmmm! - I'm not sure which direction to advise here...anyway - here is

what I
> have done:
>
> use MS outlook OCX to display Outlook inbox; calendar and tasks in 3 panes

in a
> browser window...here is the Inbox code:
>
> <object classid="clsid:0006F063-0000-0000-C000-000000000046" id="inbox"
> viewastext>
> <param name="Namespace" value="MAPI" />
> <param name="Folder" value="Inbox" />
> <param name="Restriction" value="" />
> <param name="DeferUpdate" value="0" />
> </object>
>
> OR
>
> use the Application.Outlook component in client-side script to

programmatically

Query MS Exchange Inbox Nick Hird Ruby 2 09-14-2007 01:45 AM
Read Inbox from another Exchange account =?Utf-8?B?R3JpZ3M=?= ASP .Net 0 04-27-2005 09:13 PM
Thunderbird/Hotmail Popper Users: How to Copy Your Inbox? Henry Firefox 1 09-11-2004 08:16 AM
Check Exchange Inbox w/ ASP.net? John Spano ASP .Net 0 01-23-2004 02:36 AM

Advertisments