Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP XML Support - Generate XML string from FORM DATA based on XML schema

ASP XML Support - Generate XML string from FORM DATA based on XML schema

Matt

I have 2 ASP pages. page1.asp will generate a xml string from form data
based on the XML schema, and then submit to page2.asp. My question is if ASP
has XML support, so that given form data, it will generate a XML string
based on the XML schema?

The picture is like this:

Form Data, XML Schema -> ASP Function -> XML string

The problem is JavaScript doesn't have XML support.

Please advise. Thanks!!

Bob Barrows

Matt wrote:
> I have 2 ASP pages. page1.asp will generate a xml string from form
> data based on the XML schema,

Ummm, there are many XML schemas ...

> and then submit to page2.asp. My
> question is if ASP has XML support, so that given form data, it will
> generate a XML string based on the XML schema?
>
> The picture is like this:
>
> Form Data, XML Schema -> ASP Function -> XML string
>
> The problem is JavaScript doesn't have XML support.

Of course it does. The same way that vbscript does: by using the MSXML
Parser.

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you know how to use the MSXML Parser?
Perhaps you should be starting in an XML newsgroup. Better yet, go here and
start reading:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...intro_6g53.asp

Google will find you more information.

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Matt

Thanks Bob.

I used MSXML parser to parse XML data in ASP before. I guess what you meant
is like this:

Set xml = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")

But all I did was to parse the XML file and retrieves the data. Now my case
is to generate a XML string based on the XML schema provided. I don't know
there are many XML schemas out there. So u think it has those API calls for
that?

"Bob Barrows" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Matt wrote:
> > I have 2 ASP pages. page1.asp will generate a xml string from form
> > data based on the XML schema,

> Ummm, there are many XML schemas ...
>
> > and then submit to page2.asp. My
> > question is if ASP has XML support, so that given form data, it will
> > generate a XML string based on the XML schema?
> >
> > The picture is like this:
> >
> > Form Data, XML Schema -> ASP Function -> XML string
> >
> > The problem is JavaScript doesn't have XML support.

> Of course it does. The same way that vbscript does: by using the MSXML
> Parser.
>
> I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you know how to use the MSXML Parser?
> Perhaps you should be starting in an XML newsgroup. Better yet, go here

and
> start reading:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...intro_6g53.asp
>
> Google will find you more information.
>
> Bob Barrows
>
> --
> Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
> "NO SPAM"

Bob Barrows [MVP]

The xml property of the XML Document contains the xml string. Is that what
you're asking?

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET