Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Reviews & How-To's > Review: Sunbeamtech X-1300 Gaming Mouse

Review: Sunbeamtech X-1300 Gaming Mouse

10-06-2005

Ah, the simplicities of the ball mouse. How I miss thee. While these worked, it had a tendency to get dirty and wasn't always very responsive. Next came optical mice, and while costing a little more than a ball mouse, it provided a vast improvement over the ball mouse.
Review Link
**Discuss this review in this thread only**

10-07-2005
Little too little, little too late. It's even trying very hard to look like the Razer Copperhead. It doesn't however, pull off all the things that the Razer does. In fact its specs sound like they've been taken directly from the specs for the Razer. Sounds like a cheap knockoff to me.
Razer Copperhead specs.
Quote:

2000 DPI Laser Engine Powered by Razer Precision™
1000 Hz Ultrapolling™ with 1 ms response time as compared with 125Hz/8 ms response time used by other conventional gaming mice
32KB Onboard Memory Powered by Razer Synapse™
7 independently programmable buttons optimized with Razer’s Hyperesponse™ technology for ultra tactile button feedback and maximum actions-per-minute (APM) gameplay
Up to 3 customizable weight standards and optional dummy buttons*
Zero-Acoustic Ultraslick™ Teflon feet
16 bit data path, as compared to 8 bit and 12 bit data paths used by other conventional mice
High speed motion detection, up to 45ips and 20g / Over 7080 frames per second
Always-On™ mode pioneered by Razer™ - the laser engine sensor never powers down to provide instantaneous response at all times during gameplay
Award winning Razer™ drivers featuring On-the-Fly Sensitivity™ DPI adjustment pioneered by Razer
Size: 5.04" length x 2.5" width x 1.54" height
GlowPipe™ non-slip side rails
Ergonomic ambidextrous design
Ultra large non-slip rubber coated mouse buttons
Gold plated USB connector for maximum conductivity
7 foot, lightweight, non-tangle cord

10-07-2005
you seem to be a Razer Fanboy

10-07-2005
yer man, cant companies have a go, u never know razer might go bankrupt then whos next
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik
The X-1300 can satisfy a user who doesn't care about response, or a high degree of accuracy
By the way good review erik, might want to put the next button on the right

10-07-2005
Not a fanboi for Razer, in fact like I said, most of what I do I use the Logitech MX1000 for. That's the superior mouse for most things IMHO. The Razer is good for gaming, period. For everything else it's not so good. I haven't tried to Copperhead yet, I'd like to and if I do and it's good I'll say so, if it sucks I'll say that too. Why? Because I don't get any free stuff from ANYONE so I'm not obliged to speak on anyone's behalf.

10-07-2005
Well i certainly aint going to say this product is absolute rubbish if it was, i would say it in a nice way. But for sunbeam gear, it just works well ,doesn't break to easy (unless u want it to) and it works well!

10-07-2005
i had no idea that sunbeam also makes mouse. it kinda remind me of the razor.

10-07-2005
...this mouse is great for the price. Too bad I stick with trackballs though.

10-08-2005
u never know al, i might join your warz, i might get a trackball for my computer... only for everyday use though

10-08-2005
Man, I can remember, back in the 80's, people who used trackballs and used to try to convert you like some kind of televangelists on a rant. They'd go on and on about how much better a trackball was... I thought all those people either died off or were eaten by some giant lizards or something. You've gotta be the last surviving trackball user Al. Nobody will EVER convince me to use one of those darned things. I remember a few arcade games that used them and I hated them too.