Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > script timeout

script timeout

Lasse Edsvik

Hello

I have a page that sends emails to about 1500 ppl and it times out
eventhough i have server.scripttimeout = 15000

it doesnt seem to register the number of seconds i've set the script timeout
to.

what to do?

/Lasse

Bob Barrows

Lasse Edsvik wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a page that sends emails to about 1500 ppl and it times out
> eventhough i have server.scripttimeout = 15000
>
> it doesnt seem to register the number of seconds i've set the script
> timeout to.
>
> what to do?
>
> /Lasse

Use a different technology for sending the emails. This does not sound like
a task suited for an asp application.

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
"NO SPAM"

Lasse Edsvik

Bob,

well, i dont think i'm able to learn to code something different
language/technology til tomorrow

"Bob Barrows" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Lasse Edsvik wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I have a page that sends emails to about 1500 ppl and it times out
> > eventhough i have server.scripttimeout = 15000
> >
> > it doesnt seem to register the number of seconds i've set the script
> > timeout to.
> >
> > what to do?
> >
> > /Lasse

> Use a different technology for sending the emails. This does not sound

like
> a task suited for an asp application.
>
> Bob Barrows
> --
> Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
> "NO SPAM"

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Lasse Edsvik wrote:
> Bob,
>
> well, i dont think i'm able to learn to code something different
> language/technology til tomorrow

First, check out this article:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2291

If that does not help, look at this article to see how to convert your asp
files to vbs files:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2143

Then look at this article to see how to execute the vbs file without
impacting your web site:
http://www.aspfree.com/c/a/ASP/Execu...Adrian_Forbes/

Bob Barrows
--