Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > MD5DLL: Anyone?

MD5DLL: Anyone?

Antonio Ooi

Hi,

Refer to the following code:
<%
set oMD5 = Server.CreateObject("MD5DLL.Crypt")
Response.Write oMD5.EnCrypt("1")
%>

If you replace "1" with "2", the result will be the same, that is empty!! In
this case, how can I store the encrypted password in my database?? How to
perform comparison? Also, there is a bug whereby you can't do concatenation,
why? Can somebody help?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,
Antonio

Antonio Ooi

Thanks! But I found something in MSDN...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...us/security/se
curity/encrypteddata.asp

It sounds good, but never tried yet.

Antonio

"Andrew Urquhart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:HgYdc.139$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Antonio Ooi wrote:
> > Refer to the following code:
> > <%
> > set oMD5 = Server.CreateObject("MD5DLL.Crypt")
> > Response.Write oMD5.EnCrypt("1")
> > %>
> >
> > If you replace "1" with "2", the result will be the same, that is
> > empty!! In this case, how can I store the encrypted password in my
> > database?? How to perform comparison? Also, there is a bug whereby
> > you can't do concatenation, why? Can somebody help?

> Don't know about that component but I can think of 2 other options:
> 1. Your database may have an MD5 hash generator method built-in
> 2. Use one of the many free MD5 scripts floating around:
> www.google.com/search?q=MD5+VBScript+Javascript
> --
> Andrew Urquhart
> - Archive: www.tinyurl.com/38kzx
> - Contact: www.andrewu.co.uk/contact/
> - Employ me: Front/middle tier ASP developer with WAI & web standards

xingye

It sounds good

xingye

什么是MCSD?

xingye

ASP能不能改写输出缓存的内容,就是说我能不能在respo nse还没有输出之前更改里面
的内容??

我该怎么向老外提出这个问题啊,我英语太烂了,说都说 不出,我哭了

Roland Hall

"Antonio Ooi" wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
: Refer to the following code:
: <%
: set oMD5 = Server.CreateObject("MD5DLL.Crypt")
: Response.Write oMD5.EnCrypt("1")
: %>
:
: If you replace "1" with "2", the result will be the same, that is empty!!
In
: this case, how can I store the encrypted password in my database?? How to
: perform comparison? Also, there is a bug whereby you can't do
concatenation,
: why? Can somebody help?

Code:
http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=2366
Example:
http://kiddanger.com/utils/md5test.asp

HTH...

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Antonio Ooi

Thanks! It works perfectly! But still looking forward for a COM component
with smilar effect.

Thanks a lot!

news:Oq56x$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Antonio Ooi" wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> : Refer to the following code:
> : <%
> : set oMD5 = Server.CreateObject("MD5DLL.Crypt")
> : Response.Write oMD5.EnCrypt("1")
> : %>
> :
> : If you replace "1" with "2", the result will be the same, that is

empty!!
> In
> : this case, how can I store the encrypted password in my database?? How

> : perform comparison? Also, there is a bug whereby you can't do
> concatenation,
> : why? Can somebody help?
>
> Code:
> http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=2366
> Example:
> http://kiddanger.com/utils/md5test.asp
>
> HTH...
>
> --
> Roland Hall

Antonio Ooi

缓存的内容若改,就失去它本来的意义了。用其他方法吧 。解决的方法,往往不只有一
个。

Antonio

"xingye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ASP能不能改写输出缓存的内容,就是说我能不能在respo nse还没有输出之前更改里

> 的内容??
>
> 我该怎么向老外提出这个问题啊,我英语太烂了,说都说 不出,我哭了

xingye

看来用ASP是不行了,我用PHP就可以,不过还是谢谢你
"Antonio Ooi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> 缓存的内容若改,就失去它本来的意义了。用其他方法吧 。解决的方法,往往不只有

> 个。
>
> Antonio
>
> "xingye" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > ASP能不能改写输出缓存的内容,就是说我能不能在respo nse还没有输出之前更改

> 面
> > 的内容??
> >
> > 我该怎么向老外提出这个问题啊,我英语太烂了,说都说 不出,我哭了

Roland Hall

"Antonio Ooi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
: Thanks! It works perfectly! But still looking forward for a COM component
: with smilar effect.
:
: Thanks a lot!

You're welcome. Yes, I like the code too. What would the COM offer as an
advantage?