Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ***Send mail to hotmail.com

***Send mail to hotmail.com

Ian

When a test user input information on a webpage and click on Send button, an ASP page will use CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") to send the information to my hotmail.com mailbox. When I tested the ASP page, my hotmail.com mailbox did not receive the message. When I changed the code to send the mail to my other email accounts, I got the message. Does anybody know why? Thanks.

Ray at

Take a look in the event logs on your SMTP server to see if there's anything
about mail delivery failing to hotmail.com. As long as you aren't getting
any errors or anything, you're not having an ASP issue. All that cdonts
does is drop a text file (your e-mail) in the SMTP server's pickup
directory. So, as long as that's happening, your ASP code is fine.

Ray at hotel

"Ian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When a test user input information on a webpage and click on Send button,

an ASP page will use CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") to send the information
to my hotmail.com mailbox. When I tested the ASP page, my hotmail.com
mailbox did not receive the message. When I changed the code to send the
mail to my other email accounts, I got the message. Does anybody know why?
Thanks.

Jeff Cochran

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 21:01:04 -0700, Ian
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When a test user input information on a webpage and click on Send button, an ASP page will use CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail") to send the information to my hotmail.com mailbox. When I tested the ASP page, my hotmail.com mailbox did not receive the message. When I changed the code to send the mail to my other email accounts, I got the message. Does anybody know why? Thanks.

For a start, Hotmail is blocking a number of types of email due to the
large amount of spam. If you use a dynamic IP address you might get
blocked by quite a few systems for example.

Jeff