Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Wierd form post

Wierd form post

John Hoge

I've seen something on my logs that's not supposed to happen:

pagea.htm has a form with a Select list called country as below:

<select name='Country' size='1'>
<option value='USA'>USA</option>
<option value='Canada'>Canada</option>
'lots more countries...
</select>

Page B has code that references request.form("country"), and assumes
that this field is nonempty as it is coming from a select list. I saw
an error caused by an empty string in this country variable. The User
agent was IE6, and the pages appeared in the correct order in the IIS
logs. pagea.htm (the page with the form) was requested with a GET
method about a minute before the POST to pageb.asp, and no intervening
pages were requested by that IP. I would suspect AOL wierdness, but
it's not an AOL IP.

Any clues?

John Hoge

Brian,

I must have forgotten to set the first <Option> to <Option Selected>
In my tests it worked fine, but I guess some browsers behave a bit
differently.

Thanks for your help.

John