Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Form field order

Form field order

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

Did you try it out? I'm pretty sure they will be in the order they appear,
but that might be affected if you use tabindex for example, or if you have
other form elements between those with the same name.

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

"Bob Lehmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know that the order of from fields from a form post are somewhat random.
> But, what about fields that have the same name -
>
> <input type="text" name="something" value=""> First Choice
> <input type="text" name="something" value=""> Second Choice
> <input type="text" name="something" value=""> Third Choice
> <input type="text" name="something" value=""> Fourth Choice
>
> First = "bananna"
> Second = "orange"
> Third = ""
> Fourth = "apple"
>
> Will the values, in the delimited list contained in
> Request.Form("something"), always be in the order they are in the form?
> That
> is - bananna, orange, , apple
>

> Thanks,
> Bob Lehmann

Bob Lehmann

I know that the order of from fields from a form post are somewhat random.
But, what about fields that have the same name -

<input type="text" name="something" value=""> First Choice
<input type="text" name="something" value=""> Second Choice
<input type="text" name="something" value=""> Third Choice
<input type="text" name="something" value=""> Fourth Choice

First = "bananna"
Second = "orange"
Third = ""
Fourth = "apple"

Will the values, in the delimited list contained in
Request.Form("something"), always be in the order they are in the form? That
is - bananna, orange, , apple

Thanks,
Bob Lehmann

Bob Lehmann

Yes, I tried it quite a few times - just double checking.

It appears that the order of the values IS maintained in the delimited list.
There are no tabindexes set, and no fields in between.

Thanks.

Bob

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...