Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How to catch that a user do close his/her browser?

How to catch that a user do close his/her browser?

sok06@hotmail.com

When I user decisedes to leave my site. How can I detect that imidietly and trigger code to run from that?

best regards
Rickard

Maarten

use GLOBAL.ASA (see www.w3schools.com / ASP)

"Rickard Sok" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef in bericht
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I user decisedes to leave my site. How can I detect that imidietly

and trigger code to run from that?

> best regards
> Rickard
>
> ************************************************** ********************
> Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/
> Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP &

ASP.NET resources...

sok06@hotmail.com

As I have understood it Global.asa can only use four differetn event handlers, and I am looking for some way to catch the fact that some user have pressed "close" on the browser X. Is it really possible to use global.asa for that purpose?

Rickard

J. Baute

first of all this isn't an ASP question, but more a JavaScript/clientside
scripting question, so you'll have more luck getting an answer in the
appropriate scripting newsgroups,
second I can tell you there really isn't a way to do this properly,
you can try faking it, but there will always be situations where this won't
work,

perhaps if you explain -what- exactly you are trying to do, we can give you
a proper serverside solution?

"Rickard Sok" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#y7dA#(E-Mail Removed)...
> As I have understood it Global.asa can only use four differetn event

handlers, and I am looking for some way to catch the fact that some user
have pressed "close" on the browser X. Is it really possible to use
global.asa for that purpose?

> Rickard
>
> ************************************************** ********************
> Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/
> Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP &

ASP.NET resources...

John Blessing

"Rickard Sok" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I user decisedes to leave my site. How can I detect that imidietly

and trigger code to run from that?

> best regards
> Rickard
>
> ************************************************** ********************
> Sent via Fuzzy Software @ http://www.fuzzysoftware.com/
> Comprehensive, categorised, searchable collection of links to ASP &

ASP.NET resources...

You can't. You should find another way to do what you need.

You might be able to do something in client-side javascript
(http://developer.irt.org/script/1578.htm), but all these methods can be
got around.

Eventually the session will timeout (and if you are lucky - see
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2078), the session_onend event will fire.

--
John Blessing

businesses