Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP Extranet

ASP Extranet

Simon Wigzell

I am developing a simple Extranet service for my company using ASP and a
Server 2000 database. The manager will create records containing the clients
name and a password and an URL to a document (htm of pdf). When the client
logs on after entering his password, he will see a list of links to the
documents he is allowed to view. The documents will all be on my server.
That should all work fine, but I'm wondering...is there some way to password
protect a document such that someone who happens to know the URL or is just
guessing won't be able to access it by going around my system? I don't want
to have a separate password protected directory for each client, though that
is the only way I can think of. Any ideas? Thanks!