Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > trouble shooting/debugging asp hang

trouble shooting/debugging asp hang

Miloud Kabsh

Hi there,

I have asp pages running from a hosting server. In there I open a bunch of
connection to an access database.

When we ported over to win2k3, the site started going down, or hanged (with
no response).

I am suspecting a set of possibilities: 1-we could have reached access max
db connections, 2- we could have some leaking left-open connection that we
are not closing 3- there might be some security restrictions on win2k3 that
are blocking the site or it might be other reasons.

My question is how to debug or troubleshoot this given that we don't own the
hosting server (and we don't want to debug on it as well. Are there some
tools, or iis/asp options that we can use to trace down from where is
comming the issue?

any direction or idea would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.

thanks,
-Kabsh

Stuart Palmer

hanging? the only thing I know about hanging is with Norton antivirus'
scrpit block and the FSO, and indefinate loops.
Sure neither of these could eb the problem?

Stu

"Miloud Kabsh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> I have asp pages running from a hosting server. In there I open a bunch

of
> connection to an access database.
>
> When we ported over to win2k3, the site started going down, or hanged

(with
> no response).
>
> I am suspecting a set of possibilities: 1-we could have reached access max
> db connections, 2- we could have some leaking left-open connection that we
> are not closing 3- there might be some security restrictions on win2k3

that
> are blocking the site or it might be other reasons.
>
> My question is how to debug or troubleshoot this given that we don't own

the
> hosting server (and we don't want to debug on it as well. Are there

some
> tools, or iis/asp options that we can use to trace down from where is
> comming the issue?
>
> any direction or idea would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.
>
> thanks,
> -Kabsh

Miloud Kabsh

Well, Sorry for not being clear. What I mean is the website becomes
inaccessible. That is, when users type the web address, either they keep
waiting forever with no response from server or the server is totally down.
What I am asking for is some suggestions for ways to debug what the cause of
the problem. As I stated bellow, I am suspecting many possible causes, but
I don't have a clue how to debug that issue.

"Stuart Palmer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newssA1c.392$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hanging? the only thing I know about hanging is with Norton antivirus'
> scrpit block and the FSO, and indefinate loops.
> Sure neither of these could eb the problem?
>
> Stu
>
> "Miloud Kabsh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have asp pages running from a hosting server. In there I open a bunch

> of
> > connection to an access database.
> >
> > When we ported over to win2k3, the site started going down, or hanged

> (with
> > no response).
> >
> > I am suspecting a set of possibilities: 1-we could have reached access

max
> > db connections, 2- we could have some leaking left-open connection that

we
> > are not closing 3- there might be some security restrictions on win2k3

> that
> > are blocking the site or it might be other reasons.
> >
> > My question is how to debug or troubleshoot this given that we don't own

> the
> > hosting server (and we don't want to debug on it as well. Are there

> some
> > tools, or iis/asp options that we can use to trace down from where is
> > comming the issue?
> >
> > any direction or idea would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.
> >
> > thanks,
> > -Kabsh

ASP.net pages seem to hang Murray Jack ASP .Net 0 01-14-2005 12:08 PM
ASP.NET HANG NO RESPONSE:HOW TO DIAGNOSE THE PROBLEM ? =?Utf-8?B?Y2Flc2FyY2hlbg==?= ASP .Net 1 09-30-2004 05:23 PM
ASP.NET webs hang for 60 seconds then function normally Keith ASP .Net 4 01-22-2004 01:29 PM
Old (pooled) ASP pages makes dllhost.exe to hang after inst. .Net 1.1 Dag Sunde ASP .Net 0 12-03-2003 02:52 PM
IIS/ASP.NET Hang Craig Pearson ASP .Net 1 11-24-2003 05:42 PM

Advertisments