Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Excel 2003

Excel 2003

Al

Here is my problem....I have a web site that genrates reports which are displayed in a page called Reports.asp and the user can open multiple reports at once all generated by Reports.asp. The results of the report can be outputed to Excel within Internet Explorer using the HTTP Content Type application/vnd.ms-excel. When I generate multiple reports I get an error saying I cannot open two documents with the same name

I am running IE6 SP1 with Excel 2003 and would like to know how to solve this problem. There is one slight twist to this issue in that with Excel 2000 & IE6 we could get round the problem by appending a random number to the end of the query string. Excel 2003 seems to be ignoring anything in the query string after the filename (Reports.asp)

Tim Williams

Have you tried setting the filename in the response headers?

Tim

"Al" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Here is my problem....I have a web site that genrates reports which are

displayed in a page called Reports.asp and the user can open multiple
reports at once all generated by Reports.asp. The results of the report can
be outputed to Excel within Internet Explorer using the HTTP Content Type
application/vnd.ms-excel. When I generate multiple reports I get an error
saying I cannot open two documents with the same name.

> I am running IE6 SP1 with Excel 2003 and would like to know how to solve

this problem. There is one slight twist to this issue in that with Excel
2000 & IE6 we could get round the problem by appending a random number to
the end of the query string. Excel 2003 seems to be ignoring anything in the
query string after the filename (Reports.asp).

Greg Griffiths

have you looked at some other aproaches to the problem - http://www.greggriffiths.org/webdev/both/excel/ has a few.