Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > session ... critical section problem in vb+asp dot net

session ... critical section problem in vb+asp dot net

asimeerza

hi all

i m developing web applicaiotn with vb+asp dot net. i ve many links at my page and i m also maintaining session. if the user of my applicaton clicks one link that sends request to the server. before the next page is loaded, user clicks another link. and so on..

i think for each server request, a separate thread is created to respond client but same session is shared by each server thread. so there is possibility that session access by more than one simultaneous client requests make its state inconsistent.

i m facing same problem.

if i wait for one request to get completed. then fine but if i click the links randomly without waiting. then session beomes inconsistent

any clue, how to face this session critical section problem

regards

Bob Barrows

asimeerza wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i m developing web applicaiotn with vb+asp dot net. i ve many links
> at my page and i m also maintaining session. if the user of my
> applicaton clicks one link that sends request to the server. before
> the next page is loaded, user clicks another link. and so on...
>
> i think for each server request, a separate thread is created to
> respond client but same session is shared by each server thread. so
> there is possibility that session access by more than one
> simultaneous client requests make its state inconsistent.
>
> i m facing same problem.
>
> if i wait for one request to get completed. then fine but if i click
> the links randomly without waiting. then session beomes inconsistent.
>
> any clue, how to face this session critical section problem.
>
> regards

This is a classic asp newsgroup. While you may be lucky enough to find a
dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you can
eliminate the
luck factor by posting your question to an appropriate group. I suggest

cp'ed and follow-ups set to microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

HTH,
Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET