Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > display session objects, cookies from app on other server

display session objects, cookies from app on other server

Mooky Mooksgill

I'm writing a reporting application in ASP.

I want to have links to a CF app - specifically VeriSign's eCommerce
Manager (on VeriSign's server).

The links in my app will need current values for CFID and CFTOKEN in
their HREFs - I think these are cookies or session objects the
VeriSign/CF app sets once logged in, they appear on the url.

Assume user has logged into VeriSign manager before my app.

Thanks!

-M

Roland Hall

:
: I want to have links to a CF app - specifically VeriSign's eCommerce
: Manager (on VeriSign's server).
:
: The links in my app will need current values for CFID and CFTOKEN in
: their HREFs - I think these are cookies or session objects the
: VeriSign/CF app sets once logged in, they appear on the url.
:
: Assume user has logged into VeriSign manager before my app.

You want to have access to Cold Fusion ID and Token cookies belonging to
another site? Is that what you're asking?

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

Mooky Mooksgill

"Roland Hall" <nobody@nowhere> wrote in message news:<e5n69zM$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> "Mooky Mooksgill" wrote:
> : I'm writing a reporting application in ASP.
> :
> : I want to have links to a CF app - specifically VeriSign's eCommerce
> : Manager (on VeriSign's server).
> :
> : The links in my app will need current values for CFID and CFTOKEN in
> : their HREFs - I think these are cookies or session objects the
> : VeriSign/CF app sets once logged in, they appear on the url.
> :
> : Assume user has logged into VeriSign manager before my app.
>
> You want to have access to Cold Fusion ID and Token cookies belonging to
> another site? Is that what you're asking?

Yes, I do. Is this possible?

Roland Hall

"Mooky Mooksgill" wrote:
: "Roland Hall" wrote:
: > "Mooky Mooksgill" wrote:
: > : I'm writing a reporting application in ASP.
: > :
: > : I want to have links to a CF app - specifically VeriSign's eCommerce
: > : Manager (on VeriSign's server).
: > :
: > : The links in my app will need current values for CFID and CFTOKEN in
: > : their HREFs - I think these are cookies or session objects the
: > : VeriSign/CF app sets once logged in, they appear on the url.
: > :
: > : Assume user has logged into VeriSign manager before my app.
: >
: > You want to have access to Cold Fusion ID and Token cookies belonging to
: > another site? Is that what you're asking?
:
: Yes, I do. Is this possible?

I don't think that is possible.
http://www.webreference.com/javascri...125/index.html