Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Executing .EXE

Executing .EXE

Dave Karmens

What is the preferred method of executing .bat or .exe via ASPs

Dave Karmens

Yes, sorry. I have tried to ways so far:
1. ASPEXEC
2. WSH

ASPEXEC was *MUCH* faster. I guess it depends on what the EXE is doing
too, but the WSH timed out & the ASPEXEC fires almost immidiately, and
returns without having to wait for the exe to complete.

Curt_C [MVP] wrote:

> Just for clarification you do mean to execute it on the SERVER correct?
> Look here http://www.darkfalz.com/1100/

Ray at

WSH doesn't have to wait for return either.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...l/wsMthRun.asp

Ray at work

"Dave Karmens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eBaxhq#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, sorry. I have tried to ways so far:
> 1. ASPEXEC
> 2. WSH
>
> ASPEXEC was *MUCH* faster. I guess it depends on what the EXE is doing
> too, but the WSH timed out & the ASPEXEC fires almost immidiately, and
> returns without having to wait for the exe to complete.
>
> Curt_C [MVP] wrote:
>
> > Just for clarification you do mean to execute it on the SERVER correct?
> > Look here http://www.darkfalz.com/1100/

Dave Karmens

Hmmm.... for some reason then WSH timed out while executing, and ASPEXEC
fired right away and returned.

Ray at <%=sLocation%> [MVP] wrote:

> WSH doesn't have to wait for return either.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...l/wsMthRun.asp
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Dave Karmens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eBaxhq#(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Yes, sorry. I have tried to ways so far:
>>1. ASPEXEC
>>2. WSH
>>
>>ASPEXEC was *MUCH* faster. I guess it depends on what the EXE is doing
>>too, but the WSH timed out & the ASPEXEC fires almost immidiately, and
>>returns without having to wait for the exe to complete.
>>
>>Curt_C [MVP] wrote:
>>

>>>Just for clarification you do mean to execute it on the SERVER correct?
>>>Look here http://www.darkfalz.com/1100/

Dave Karmens

sorry ray, I should have read that article before replying I know
what the problem was ..

[bWaitOnReturn] was set to true :S

Ray at <%=sLocation%> [MVP] wrote:

> WSH doesn't have to wait for return either.
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...l/wsMthRun.asp
>
> Ray at work
>
> "Dave Karmens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eBaxhq#(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Yes, sorry. I have tried to ways so far:
>>1. ASPEXEC
>>2. WSH
>>
>>ASPEXEC was *MUCH* faster. I guess it depends on what the EXE is doing
>>too, but the WSH timed out & the ASPEXEC fires almost immidiately, and
>>returns without having to wait for the exe to complete.
>>
>>Curt_C [MVP] wrote:
>>

>>>Just for clarification you do mean to execute it on the SERVER correct?
>>>Look here http://www.darkfalz.com/1100/

Ray at

Yeah, read man!

Ray at work

news:ebSAHC$(E-Mail Removed)...

Executing Shell speedster Perl 1 03-17-2005 09:22 PM
Window Disappearing after executing Perl Script Mitchley Perl 2 06-15-2004 07:49 PM
Remotely executing commands over Serial Port Mitchley Perl 0 06-09-2004 11:48 PM
Executing a multiple line statement MrTrix Perl 8 10-06-2003 09:40 PM
Session end event fires but it is not executing code Sampriti ASP .Net 4 06-26-2003 10:54 PM

Advertisments