Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > invalid mail address gives error in CDO mail

invalid mail address gives error in CDO mail

newbie

Hi all ,

I'm using CDO from my vb component to fire email. The problem is
whenever one of the email addresses in to, or cc is wrong then none of
the mails are fired even to the correct addresses. It gives an error
like

The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server
response was: 550 Relaying denied for <(E-Mail Removed)>

My code goes like this. Why is the mail server trying to look for the
validation of email ids??I want that atleast the mail should be fired
to the correct email addresses rather than no email fire. Can i
achieve that

Dim iMsg As New CDO.Message
Dim iConf As New CDO.Configuration

With iConf
.Fields.Item(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingPort
.Fields.Item(cdoSMTPConnectionTimeout) = 10 ' quick timeout
.Fields.Item(cdoSMTPAuthenticate) = cdoBasic
.Fields.Item(cdoSendUserName) = "username"
.Fields.Item(cdoSendPassword) = "password"
.Fields.Item(cdoURLProxyServer) = "server:80"
.Fields.Item(cdoURLProxyBypass) = "<local>"
.Fields.Item(cdoURLGetLatestVersion) = True
.Fields.Update
End With

Set iMsg.Configuration = iConf
With iMsg
.To = strToEmail
.From = strFromEmail
.CC = strCCEmail
.BCC = strBCCEmail
.Subject = strMailSubject
If strMailFormat = "TEXT" Then
.TextBody = strMailBody
Else
.HTMLBody = strMailBody
End If
If strAttachment <> "" Then
.AddAttachment strAttachment
End If
If intPriority = 2 Then
.Fields.Item("urn:schemas:mailheader:X-Priority") =
cdoHigh
.Fields.Update
End If

.Send
End With

Don Verhagen

"newbie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hi all ,
>
> I'm using CDO from my vb component to fire email. The problem is
> whenever one of the email addresses in to, or cc is wrong then none of
> the mails are fired even to the correct addresses. It gives an error
> like
>
> The server rejected one or more recipient addresses. The server
> response was: 550 Relaying denied for <(E-Mail Removed)>

When a relaying "violation" occurs it's rejects the *entire* email. That
error does not mean an email address in invalid, it's has to do with the
"sender" and it's domain. It's not your ASP script/component.

Check you SMTP settings. For a test, allow relaying. You didn't say what
platform your SMTP server was on.

Don Verhagen
Tandem Staffing Solutions, Inc.

newbie

I have checked the smtp server relay setting. It does not have any any
name in the list to "select which computer should relay thru this
server"

If all my email ids are correct there is no problem if one of the ids
is wrong then it gives the error and none of the mailos are fired even
to the users whose address is correct.

What can be the problem