Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > com+ unable to talk to Microsoft Distritbuted Coordinator

com+ unable to talk to Microsoft Distritbuted Coordinator

Amy Lewis

I recently moved my Windows 2003 server from one domain
into another. After the move I have noticed that some of
my .asp pages won't load. I get a server 500 error.
When I look in the event log I see

cannot load application "....surveys" com+ unable to talk
to the Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator"

I went into Services and realized that the Distributed
Transaction Coordinator wasn't started. I tried to
manually start this using the Network Service account.
It didn't work. The service was able to start using the
Admin account - however I am still getting errors if I go
into Component Services - saying that this is the
incorrect account to be using for DTC.

Can I just reinstall DTC? I tried to change the service
back to starting with Network Service user - but now it
wants the password - how do I figure out what this
password is?

I found this error in Microsoft's database - but only
deals with Windows 2000 - the instructions for
reinstalling DTC aren't relevant to me