Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > calculate USPS rates

calculate USPS rates

shank

Has anyone seen a decent script for getting USPS rates live in your own
shopping cart?

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

I think you can grab a database from USPS and keep it local. These rates
don't change much, so getting it "live" from USPS at runtime probably isn't
very optimal.

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

"shank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone seen a decent script for getting USPS rates live in your own
> shopping cart?

William Morris

USPS has an API that you can download that gives you access through XML,
along with samples. Don't remember where it is, but start at www.usps.gov,
and work from there.

--
William Morris
Product Development, Seritas LLC

"shank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone seen a decent script for getting USPS rates live in your own
> shopping cart?

Don Verhagen

"William Morris" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:c0jfr8$187njv$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> USPS has an API that you can download that gives you access through XML,
> along with samples. Don't remember where it is, but start at

www.usps.gov,
> and work from there.

Here's the link to the rates on usps.gov

http://www.usps.com/ratecase/commaformat.htm

Don