Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > remote debugging with multiple developers

remote debugging with multiple developers

John Holmes

I've got a test webserver setup on our intranet on the same domain that I
and other developers are on. We create and edit our web projects from that
location. If one person is running their project in debug mode, then another
one tries to run their project we get the following error:

Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. A debugger is already attached.

Is it possible for more than one person to debug an application on a remote
web server at the same time? If so how do I set it up.

Thanks,

John Holmes
Skagit County Information Services

John Holmes

I'm not clear on how to set up different app domains. From what I've read it
sounds like each application should have it's own separate app domain by
default.

I did however, try creating different application pools under IIS, one for
each developer, and then added each developer's apps to their own
application pool and that seems to work. Is there any problem with doing it
that way?

Thanks,

John

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> only 1 debug session per appdomain is supported.
>
> -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
>

> "John Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've got a test webserver setup on our intranet on the same domain that

> > and other developers are on. We create and edit our web projects from

that
> > location. If one person is running their project in debug mode, then

> another
> > one tries to run their project we get the following error:
> >
> > Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
> > server. A debugger is already attached.
> >
> > Is it possible for more than one person to debug an application on a

> remote
> > web server at the same time? If so how do I set it up.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > John Holmes
> > Skagit County Information Services

John Saunders

"John Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got a test webserver setup on our intranet on the same domain that I
> and other developers are on. We create and edit our web projects from that
> location. If one person is running their project in debug mode, then

another
> one tries to run their project we get the following error:
>
> Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
> server. A debugger is already attached.
>
> Is it possible for more than one person to debug an application on a

remote
> web server at the same time? If so how do I set it up.

John, it's best if each developer runs his/her own copy of IIS. It's not
that great a burden if you've all got Automatic Update running to install
any IIS patches.
--
John Saunders
johnwsaundersiii at hotmail