Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Is it possible to change IIS settings from ASP?

Is it possible to change IIS settings from ASP?

Gervin

That was the first question. BTW, I am using Windows 2000 Server.

Second questions is how do I transfer session variables from one virtual
website to another website. Currently I have session variables set in say
www.first.com and then I click a link and goto www.second.com. How can I
transfer session variables from www.first.com to www.second.com? Both sites
are virtual websites and running on the same physical server running Windows
2000 Server and IIS.

Is it even possible to transfer session variables between 2 websites? Or
share the same variables?

Ray at

"Gervin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0an3d$e87$(E-Mail Removed)...
> That was the first question. BTW, I am using Windows 2000 Server.

Sure, use the built in administration website. http://localhost:5260

If you want to do this remotely, allow access to this site from your IP
address. The default is for this site to only allow requests from the
server itself, with the loopback IP of 127.0.0.1.

> Second questions is how do I transfer session variables from one virtual
> website to another website. Currently I have session variables set in say
> www.first.com and then I click a link and goto www.second.com. How can I
> transfer session variables from www.first.com to www.second.com? Both

sites
> are virtual websites and running on the same physical server running

Windows
> 2000 Server and IIS.

A database would be the best way. Either that, or some other file system
resource, like writing to files. I'd go with the database though and pass a
unique ID in a querystring or in a form-post, if that's an option. You'd
have to store your values in the database and then look them up when you go
to the other site and do what you like with them, i.e. put them in session
variables in second.com.

> Is it even possible to transfer session variables between 2 websites? Or
> share the same variables?

No, you can't. Here's an interesting read for you.
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2157

Ray at work