Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > CDONTS and sending HTML and text versions simultaneously

CDONTS and sending HTML and text versions simultaneously

Steve

I've been told that an e-mail can be constructed using headers so that both
a text and HTML version can be sent out simultaneously and the e-mail client
will display the type that it can handle
(http://www.wilsonweb.com/wmt5/html-email-multi.htm).

How is this done using CDONTS and ASP to send an e-mail? Is there a specific
field that the content type gets put into? I tried putting:

As the first line of the body of the e-mail as a test, but it just ended up
displaying as the first line of the body of the e-mail when it was received.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

You can use CDO.Message. Kick CDONTS to the curb; it's deprecated anyway.

http://www.aspfaq.com/2474

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

news:IMNVb.52093$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've been told that an e-mail can be constructed using headers so that

both
> a text and HTML version can be sent out simultaneously and the e-mail

client
> will display the type that it can handle
> (http://www.wilsonweb.com/wmt5/html-email-multi.htm).
>
> How is this done using CDONTS and ASP to send an e-mail? Is there a

specific
> field that the content type gets put into? I tried putting:

> As the first line of the body of the e-mail as a test, but it just ended

up
> displaying as the first line of the body of the e-mail when it was

received.

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Steve

Steve

Thanks.

Do I need to download CDO Message, or is it pretty much standard?
Steve
"Aaron Bertrand - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You can use CDO.Message. Kick CDONTS to the curb; it's deprecated anyway.
>
> http://www.aspfaq.com/2474
>
> --
> Aaron Bertrand
> SQL Server MVP
> http://www.aspfaq.com/
>

> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:IMNVb.52093$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've been told that an e-mail can be constructed using headers so that

> both
> > a text and HTML version can be sent out simultaneously and the e-mail

> client
> > will display the type that it can handle
> > (http://www.wilsonweb.com/wmt5/html-email-multi.htm).
> >
> > How is this done using CDONTS and ASP to send an e-mail? Is there a

> specific
> > field that the content type gets put into? I tried putting:

> > As the first line of the body of the e-mail as a test, but it just ended

> up
> > displaying as the first line of the body of the e-mail when it was

> received.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Steve

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

> Do I need to download CDO Message, or is it pretty much standard?

Steve, you could check by running the code sample, and it would take about
three seconds to figure out if you have it already.

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP