Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > access right

Reply
Thread Tools

access right

 
 
Marine Red
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2004
Hi all,

I would like to do sth like this:
when clicking a page, it show you do not have the authorize to view the
page,
but after login, it is ok to view the contain.

Could anyone give me a example or link, I do not have the ideas..
Thanks in advance.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ray at
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2004
You could simply disable anonymous access and make your users log in with
Windows accounts on the server. If they do not authenticate, they'll get
just what you said, "You are not authorized..."
http://www.iisfaq.com/?View=A26

Ray at work


"Marine Red" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:401faac2$(E-Mail Removed)-cable.com...
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to do sth like this:
> when clicking a page, it show you do not have the authorize to view the
> page,
> but after login, it is ok to view the contain.
>
> Could anyone give me a example or link, I do not have the ideas..
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Me Padre
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-03-2004
Question...

Exactly how secure is the session("auth") = true method of
document security. I use it in a number of applications
but was wondering what level of security I am actually
applying. Can session variables be 'faked'?

Thanks.


>-----Original Message-----
>"Ray at <%=sLocation%> [MVP]" <myfirstname at lane34 dot

com> wrote in
>message news:u8EhK$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You could simply disable anonymous access and make your

users log in with
>> Windows accounts on the server. If they do not

authenticate, they'll get
>> just what you said, "You are not authorized..."
>> http://www.iisfaq.com/?View=A26
>>
>> Ray at work

>
>But in the event that you don't have access to Windows

accounts, you can
>bake your own authentication. See this article for

details:
>http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2114
>
>Regards,
>Peter Foti
>
>
>.
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
@office
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-06-2004
Great thanks both, the problem has solved.



"Peter Foti" <(E-Mail Removed)> bl
news:(E-Mail Removed) g...
> "Ray at <%=sLocation%> [MVP]" <myfirstname at lane34 dot com> wrote in
> message news:u8EhK$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > You could simply disable anonymous access and make your users log in

with
> > Windows accounts on the server. If they do not authenticate, they'll

get
> > just what you said, "You are not authorized..."
> > http://www.iisfaq.com/?View=A26
> >
> > Ray at work

>
> But in the event that you don't have access to Windows accounts, you can
> bake your own authentication. See this article for details:
> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2114
>
> Regards,
> Peter Foti
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dynamic Menu Items is not right aligned with Right to Left documen =?Utf-8?B?QmlzaG95?= ASP .Net 0 12-28-2006 11:39 AM
Right-Click With Mouse and Toolba Buttonsr Don't Work Right Bigfoot It Is Computer Support 0 10-30-2006 06:08 PM
Tool to enable Right click on pages where Right click is disabled tsteinke@gmail.com Computer Support 4 08-28-2005 11:53 PM
Tool to right click image in windows explorer and rotate image right or left 90 degrees siliconpi Digital Photography 2 11-29-2004 12:56 PM
pass the right form input to the right control Tom ASP .Net 0 12-11-2003 03:07 AM



Advertisments