Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP 3.0, Need help with Page Counter Component

ASP 3.0, Need help with Page Counter Component

Roland Ramirez

I am trying to monitor the number of visits on various Excel and HTML
reports on our website. I would like to create a web page that has the
various hit statistics for various URLs.

I thought I could use the Page Counter Component to do this using
MyPageCounter.Hits(url);
but I cannot get it to work with any URL. I can get it to work with
the page the code is located in if I do not specify a URL, but I
cannot get it to work to keep track of the visits to other URLs, in
this case Excel and HTML reports my business group maintains.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is what I tried to do.

<%

Set MyPageCounter = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.PageCounter")

MyPageCounter.PageHit()

%>

This page has been visited
<%=MyPageCounter.Hits("d:/inetpub/wwwroot/web_project/folder/book1.xls")%>
times.<br>

Aaron Bertrand - MVP

Uh, d:/inetpub/... is not a URL, that's "sort of" a local file system
reference, and it is not even in valid form.

Why don't you track clicks on the link to the XLS yourself? Or use a stats
package that analyzes IIS logs? I'm not sure how much support there is for
these MSWC components, and most of them have been deprecated or merely left
out of new operating system versions.

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP