Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Vertical scroll bar in a table <TD> possible ?

Vertical scroll bar in a table <TD> possible ?

A Web Master

As a mean of not having to use Framesets/Frames with all the bad side
effects/workarounds that come with them, I want to know if it is
possible to code a scrolling veritcal bar into a table <TD> ?

If so, how ?

I am coding my client's WEB site in ASP.

Curt_C [MVP]

look at the SPAN tag, iirc you can set this to scroll.
It's most likely only an IE thing. Either way though, it's a clientside
issue really.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

"A Web Master" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> As a mean of not having to use Framesets/Frames with all the bad side
> effects/workarounds that come with them, I want to know if it is
> possible to code a scrolling veritcal bar into a table <TD> ?
>
> If so, how ?
>
> I am coding my client's WEB site in ASP.

Bob Barrows

A Web Master wrote:
> As a mean of not having to use Framesets/Frames with all the bad side
> effects/workarounds that come with them, I want to know if it is
> possible to code a scrolling veritcal bar into a table <TD> ?
>
> If so, how ?
>
> I am coding my client's WEB site in ASP.

Here is an example of one way to do it:
http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&l...r%3D%26hl%3Den

This is an HTML/DHTML issue, so I have set followups to
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.programm ing.dhtml

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

A. Webmaster

Thx but does this apply to Netscape 4.x/6.x 4.x/5.x/6.x too ?

My client's web site have visitors using Netscape and IE

Bob Barrows

A. Webmaster wrote:
> Thx but does this apply to Netscape 4.x/6.x 4.x/5.x/6.x too ?
>
> My client's web site have visitors using Netscape and IE

I don't know. Dave Anderson suggested there might be a problem in
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.programm ing.dhtml. I've asked him
what would need to change to make it more compliant.

Now, to anyone who can answer this:
in my previous reply, I set followups to
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.programm ing.dhtml. I was surprised
to se A.'s reply still appearing in this asp group. Does anyone know why? I
was under the impression that setting followups would cause replies to be
redirected to the appropriate newsgroup.

Bob Barrows
--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET