Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How can control table TH's width

How can control table TH's width

Jack

Hello,
<TABLE BORDER=1 CELLSPACING=0>
<TR>
<TH>
ABC
</TH>
<TH>
DEF
</TH>
</TR>
</TABLE>

But ABC and DEF's width is same.I want control TH's width
Thank you

Steven Burn

<th width=60%>

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Jack <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> <TABLE BORDER=1 CELLSPACING=0>
> <TR>
> <TH>
> ABC
> </TH>
> <TH>
> DEF
> </TH>
> </TR>
> </TABLE>
>
> But ABC and DEF's width is same.I want control TH's width
> Thank you

Jack

It's myself
How can specify TH's length by pixel or centimeter in that table?
I wait anyone's help

Evertjan.

Jack wrote on 26 jan 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
> It's myself
> How can specify TH's length by pixel or centimeter in that table?
> I wait anyone's help

Not an ASP (serverside) issue

PLEASE go elsewhere to a HTML group

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.

Chris Barber

Look at a HTML attribute reference guide for the relevant attributes
allowable on specific tags.
http://www.ashleybrown.co.uk/htmlref/tagref.asp?tag=th

Best of all, get hold of O'Reilly "Dynamic HTML, The Definitive Reference"
book.

Chris.

news:uUYA4$(E-Mail Removed)...
It's myself
How can specify TH's length by pixel or centimeter in that table?
I wait anyone's help

CJM

Or how about looking into CSS properly..

<th style="width:10px">
ABC
</th>

or

<th style="width:60%">

etc...

http://www.w3schools.com/css/

Chris

Chris Barber

True, however, a good understanding of basic HTML first would be useful,
then moving to the application of CSS. In my opinion CSS is better applied
as a stylesheet as opposed to explicit style attributes.

eg. <TH class="width-small">Test</TH>

and in the stylesheet:

TABLE TR TH.width-small {width: 10px;}

My point was that the basic level of understanding of where and what to look
for when confronted with something like this seemed to be lacking, hence the
post into the NG for what is generally very easy to find using Google and a
good book references.

Chris.

"CJM" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23sisac$(E-Mail Removed)...
Or how about looking into CSS properly..

<th style="width:10px">
ABC
</th>

or

<th style="width:60%">

etc...

http://www.w3schools.com/css/

Chris

CJM

It's OK Chris... wasnt having a go at you... lol

"Chris Barber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> True, however, a good understanding of basic HTML first would be useful,
> then moving to the application of CSS.

Yep, agreed.

>In my opinion CSS is better applied
> as a stylesheet as opposed to explicit style attributes.
>
> eg. <TH class="width-small">Test</TH>
>
> and in the stylesheet:
>
> TABLE TR TH.width-small {width: 10px;}

Yeah, much like my thoughts too.

I just didnt want to go into the nth level of detail, when really we were
only
trying to edge the OP to some guides/references, but I always use external
CSS files.

Spoiler: I think the 'width-small' class name should be changed to something
describes the semantics rather than the styling. That is, next week the OP
might
change the styling to green text rather than a narrow column. Even something
simple like 'FirstCol' would do. Yes, I know I'm being pedantic... lol

> My point was that the basic level of understanding of where and what to

look
> for when confronted with something like this seemed to be lacking, hence

the
> post into the NG for what is generally very easy to find using Google and

> good book references.

Very true... there is plenty of bad advice out there, but I guess if you
stick to the
higher-ranked google and NG recommendations you cant go wrong.

Cheers

Chris

PS. It's probably worth pointing out that if you can get to them, there are
two
non-MS NG's for these kind of enquiries:

comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets

[Warning: not quite as mellow as this NG!]