Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words

Reply
Thread Tools

ContactMe tool ... Big thank you ... Bad words

 
 
middletree
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2004
Have you counted on mispellings? I know that will make it much tougher to
catch, but fact is, many of the idiots who write emails with those kinda
words in them can't spell.


"Brynn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
> I want to thank the person that sent the nasty messages to my
> contact.asp test page ... you have inspired me !!!
>
> I have now added a bad_words filter both to my JSValidation script
> (going up on my site soon) and my contact.asp tool.
>
> I would have forgotten about it if it were not for you. I TRULY
> appreciate your help ... and hope that you helping me eats you up
> inside ... ROFL.
>
> ANYWAY GUYS -- READ ON ----
>
> I am requesting that you guys on this group have fun and submit me
> messages containing bad words in them. Any that aren't blocked I will
> look at, and consider adding to my bad_words list in my JS and ASP
> validations.
>
> Just so you don't think this is someone posing as me posting this ...
> I put the words ... BAD WORDS TEST as the default value of the message
> textarea.
>
> Thanks for the bad words in advance guys ... please be offensive with
> the bad words as possible ... let out some frustration and have some
> fun trying to get some bad words through the filter.
>
> http://test.coolpier.com/
>
> Brynn
>
> P.S. this has also inspired adding to my code, a way to set the
> default values of the form fields =) ... code will be available on my
> site within a week.
> Brynn
> www.coolpier.com
>
> I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
> I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
> Test all code before use!



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Brynn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2004

As we speak, I am working on the array ... I am devloping an
exceptions list to the rules for assure, brass, etc... the exceptions
list is being derived from a dictionary database I have .. it should
be fairly accurate

essentially, if it it finds ont of the strings within the word ... it
is going to check that word for acceptable instances of that word with
the string.

I hope to have this done in a couple hours =)


On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:11:58 -0500, "Randy Rahbar"
<rvrahbar@_JUNK_hotmail.com> wrote:

>> right now ' ass' is there ... I have a space in front of it so it can
>> accept brass but not br ass

>
>What about " assure"?
>
>


Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
middletree
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2004
Hope you'll be interested in sharing your code once done . . ..


"Brynn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>
> As we speak, I am working on the array ... I am devloping an
> exceptions list to the rules for assure, brass, etc... the exceptions
> list is being derived from a dictionary database I have .. it should
> be fairly accurate
>
> essentially, if it it finds ont of the strings within the word ... it
> is going to check that word for acceptable instances of that word with
> the string.
>
> I hope to have this done in a couple hours =)
>
>
> On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:11:58 -0500, "Randy Rahbar"
> <rvrahbar@_JUNK_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> right now ' ass' is there ... I have a space in front of it so it can
> >> accept brass but not br ass

> >
> >What about " assure"?
> >
> >

>
> Brynn
> www.coolpier.com
>
> I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
> I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
> Test all code before use!



 
Reply With Quote
 
Bob Barrows
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2004
Peter Foti wrote:
> "Bob Barrows" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Randy Rahbar wrote:
>>>> right now ' ass' is there ... I have a space in front of it so it
>>>> can accept brass but not br ass
>>>
>>> What about " assure"?

>>
>> Interesting. "Shitake mushrooms are the best" was submitted with no
>> problem

>
> That seems like correct behavior to me (unless mushrooms is a swear
> where you live).
>
> None of the words you listed are vulgar, so I would expect that to
> work.
>
> Regards,
> Peter Foti


You would have seen my point if my earlier message had come through. The
filter found two swears in this senetence (the vowel is replaced due to my
suspicion that the msnews server filtered out my earlier message because of
it:

I assure you this message c*ntains no swears, only misspellings.

I was surprised that it passed "shitake" with no problem.

Bob


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brynn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2004

actually, it was only because of the CAPS ... I have fixed it now, and
it will not work ... HOWEVER ... I am now further fixing it to include
execeptions to all of the bad words.

using a dictionary database of over 170000 words I am getting words
where bad words are part of word



On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:18:24 -0500, "Bob Barrows"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Randy Rahbar wrote:
>>> right now ' ass' is there ... I have a space in front of it so it can
>>> accept brass but not br ass

>>
>> What about " assure"?

>
>Interesting. "Shitake mushrooms are the best" was submitted with no problem
>...
>Bob
>
>


Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!
 
Reply With Quote
 
Brynn
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2004

OK, I have a complete list of acceptable words with my bad words list
.... however, I don't think I am going to be able to incorporate this
into a function because ...

assumme

if someone spells assume wrong, it will not allow it ... therefore ...
this would be impossible ... LOL





On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 12:18:26 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Brynn) wrote:

>
>I want to thank the person that sent the nasty messages to my
>contact.asp test page ... you have inspired me !!!
>
>I have now added a bad_words filter both to my JSValidation script
>(going up on my site soon) and my contact.asp tool.
>
>I would have forgotten about it if it were not for you. I TRULY
>appreciate your help ... and hope that you helping me eats you up
>inside ... ROFL.
>
>ANYWAY GUYS -- READ ON ----
>
>I am requesting that you guys on this group have fun and submit me
>messages containing bad words in them. Any that aren't blocked I will
>look at, and consider adding to my bad_words list in my JS and ASP
>validations.
>
>Just so you don't think this is someone posing as me posting this ...
>I put the words ... BAD WORDS TEST as the default value of the message
>textarea.
>
>Thanks for the bad words in advance guys ... please be offensive with
>the bad words as possible ... let out some frustration and have some
>fun trying to get some bad words through the filter.
>
>http://test.coolpier.com/
>
>Brynn
>
>P.S. this has also inspired adding to my code, a way to set the
>default values of the form fields =) ... code will be available on my
>site within a week.
>Brynn
>www.coolpier.com
>
>I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
>I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
>Test all code before use!


Brynn
www.coolpier.com

I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
Test all code before use!
 
Reply With Quote
 
UncleWobbly
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2004
me too!

It took "T*sser", "Homo" & "Pr*ck"

)

I will throw some more brit abuse at it later

"Steven Burn" <nobody@PVT_it-mate.co.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I BEAT IT!....lol
>
> Nowt major, but it let "arse" through, hehe
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Steven Burn
> Ur I.T. Mate Group
> www.it-mate.co.uk
>
> Keeping it FREE!
>
> Disclaimer:
> I know I'm probably wrong, I just like taking part ;o)
>
>
> Brynn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Thanks for playing Steven ... hehe.
> >
> > I am also going to be updating it with an exceptions list ... like
> >
> > brass
> >
> > I have a 174000 word database table english words list that I am going
> > to compare each word I enter into the filer ... i.e. I will type in
> > the word, and get brass and all the other words with it returned.
> >
> > I am writing that program now, to write me a a list like
> >
> > word@@@excption1#exception2#exeception3
> >
> > We will see if this is too big to implement soon enough ... hehe
> >
> > Brynn
> > www.coolpier.com
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:47:16 -0000, "Steven Burn"
> > <nobody@PVT_it-mate.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > >It got them all ( lol
> > >
> > >I'm not exactly awake yet, so there was only 5 (in a nice little

> paragraph
> > >too, lol).. and it caught them all )
> > >
> > >I'll have another go when I'm more awake ;o)
> > >
> > >--
> > >Regards
> > >
> > >Steven Burn
> > >Ur I.T. Mate Group
> > >www.it-mate.co.uk
> > >
> > >Keeping it FREE!
> > >
> > >Disclaimer:
> > >I know I'm probably wrong, I just like taking part ;o)
> > >
> > >
> > >Brynn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > >news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > >>
> > >> I want to thank the person that sent the nasty messages to my
> > >> contact.asp test page ... you have inspired me !!!
> > >>
> > >> I have now added a bad_words filter both to my JSValidation script
> > >> (going up on my site soon) and my contact.asp tool.
> > >>
> > >> I would have forgotten about it if it were not for you. I TRULY
> > >> appreciate your help ... and hope that you helping me eats you up
> > >> inside ... ROFL.
> > >>
> > >> ANYWAY GUYS -- READ ON ----
> > >>
> > >> I am requesting that you guys on this group have fun and submit me
> > >> messages containing bad words in them. Any that aren't blocked I will
> > >> look at, and consider adding to my bad_words list in my JS and ASP
> > >> validations.
> > >>
> > >> Just so you don't think this is someone posing as me posting this ...
> > >> I put the words ... BAD WORDS TEST as the default value of the

message
> > >> textarea.
> > >>
> > >> Thanks for the bad words in advance guys ... please be offensive with
> > >> the bad words as possible ... let out some frustration and have some
> > >> fun trying to get some bad words through the filter.
> > >>
> > >> http://test.coolpier.com/
> > >>
> > >> Brynn
> > >>
> > >> P.S. this has also inspired adding to my code, a way to set the
> > >> default values of the form fields =) ... code will be available on my
> > >> site within a week.
> > >> Brynn
> > >> www.coolpier.com
> > >>
> > >> I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
> > >> I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
> > >> Test all code before use!
> > >
> > >

> >
> > Brynn
> > www.coolpier.com
> >
> > I participate in the group to help give examples of code.
> > I do not guarantee the effects of any code posted.
> > Test all code before use!

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
middletree
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2004
And also including obvious mispellings which don't also happen to be real
words.


"Peter Foti" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Brynn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >
> > OK, I have a complete list of acceptable words with my bad words list
> > ... however, I don't think I am going to be able to incorporate this
> > into a function because ...
> >
> > assumme
> >
> > if someone spells assume wrong, it will not allow it ... therefore ...
> > this would be impossible ... LOL

>
> This goes to the point I was trying to make. You would be better off

making
> a complete list of "bad" words, and ONLY banning those words when they

exist
> as whole words, and not part of other words.
>
> Regards,
> Peter Foti
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Roland Hall
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2004
********************** WARNING *************************
The content of this message contains mature subject matter. Do not read if
you are easily offended by such.
************************************************** ********

I just got through, no problem. I just put - between each letter. You
should strip out all characters not a-zA-Z and check for numbers being used
as vowels:

a = 4
e = 3
i = 1 or !
o = 0

and then there are all of the extended characters...

Obviously if numbers are included in words, then they're going to be easy to
figure out. Convert them to vowels, as shown above and then run them
through the filter. But, if you check your SPAM, you'll see they misspell
all kinds of ways trying to get past spam filters. So, possibly something
else to add is an IP block. Once they have failed the test x number of
times, you block their IP by redirecting them to a 404 error page until you
can verify they're message is either bad or acceptable but you should log
all messages.

It also let in 'fu a-hole'.

This is ok: as soon as you are ready
but this is not: assoon as you are ready

You know how typos are.

English only I take it: chupa mi juevos ... gets in.. among others.

You know, they can still be abusive without bad words:
jo mama was so fat, I rolled over twice and I was still on her

kiss my anus goes through...
you got a lil willy does too...

Whoops... I guess the filter only works on the message.

Name: kiss my ass
email: (E-Mail Removed)
Message: Howdy friends and neighbors

this is too much fun...



 
Reply With Quote
 
middletree
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2004
I disagree with your initial warning. The words you have down below are
immature, not mature at all.

Gotta admit I laughed at the fat joke, though. Guess I'm not mature.

"Roland Hall" <nobody@nowhere> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ********************** WARNING *************************
> The content of this message contains mature subject matter. Do not read if
> you are easily offended by such.
> ************************************************** ********



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GIDS 2009 .Net:: Save Big, Win Big, Learn Big: Act Before Dec 29 2008 Shaguf ASP .Net 0 12-26-2008 09:29 AM
GIDS 2009 Java:: Save Big, Win Big, Learn Big: Act Before Dec 29 2008 Shaguf Python 0 12-24-2008 07:35 AM
a "ContactMe" tool for the group Brynn ASP General 0 01-19-2004 10:43 PM
Thank You CJ, Thank Mike! mytho Computer Support 7 11-23-2003 06:50 AM



Advertisments