Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > File download problems with IIS6.0

File download problems with IIS6.0

Manuel Delgado

Hi there,

I'm having trouble with my first IIS6.0 on Windows Server 2003.

The web site works fine: all ASP pages are processed and displayed normally.
The problem is we are not able to download any files from the site (pdf,
zip, doc, ...) When you click on a link pointing to one of these files (or
if you write the file's absolute URL in the address bar of IE) you get the
normal Open or Save as dialog. Whichever option you choose, the next window
is an error message stating that the file cannot be downloaded. The strange
part is that everything else is working fine, it is file download what
fails, exclusively.

Is this something that needs to be enabled in IIS6.0? Do you know anything
about this issue? All help will be very welcome.

Thanks a lot,

Manuel Delgado