Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Querystring problem (&)

Querystring problem (&)

Travis Pupkin

How do you handle an ampersand (&) if it appears as part of the string
in a querystring? Is there a way to tell the server it is not the
beginning of a new variable being passed, but rather just a part of the
string value?

Thanks

Bob Barrows

Travis Pupkin wrote:
> How do you handle an ampersand (&) if it appears as part of the string
> in a querystring? Is there a way to tell the server it is not the
> beginning of a new variable being passed, but rather just a part of
> the string value?
>
> Thanks

Use Server.URLEncode() when building the querystring. It will replace
ampersands with %26

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET