Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ADO Memory Leak

ADO Memory Leak

Andrew Durstewitz

Hi!

I'm having a problem that I can only attribute to something that I don't
know about ADO. I am using an ADODB.Connection with .CursorLocation = 3
since I am using MSSQL with text fields.

I am running a large set of 4 LEFT JOINS (5 tables in all). Currently
my recordset is returning 168 rows and 23 colums. After looping through
the ADO connection 27 times (creating a pdf report for users to print)
the data goes nutz. I have tried using different inputs and no matter
what on the 27th time is stops.

Any ideas?
Andrew J Durstewitz

DEVBuilder.org, http://www.DEVBuilder.org
ASP,ASP.NET,VB.NET,PHP,Java,and SQL Support, all in one place.

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

"Andrew Durstewitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:400593e8$0$70302$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
>
> I'm having a problem that I can only attribute to something that I don't
> know about ADO. I am using an ADODB.Connection with .CursorLocation = 3
> since I am using MSSQL with text fields.
>
> I am running a large set of 4 LEFT JOINS (5 tables in all). Currently
> my recordset is returning 168 rows and 23 colums. After looping through
> the ADO connection 27 times (creating a pdf report for users to print)
> the data goes nutz. I have tried using different inputs and no matter
> what on the 27th time is stops.

> Any ideas?

Best is to have recent drivers.

ADO 2.8 is latest and you should utilize sqloledb as provder in your
connection string (to have the smallest code footprint thus elimating
leaks)...