Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Version Control software?

Version Control software?

Darren Clark

Can anyone recommend any version control software that works well with visual studio and asp.net development?

Donald E. Hurley Jr.

Visual Source Safe integrates very well with Visual Studio.

"Darren Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Can anyone recommend any version control software that works well with
visual studio and asp.net development?

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Visual SourceSafe is the standard. It works well for small to medium sized groups of developers.

SourceOffSite is a useful 3rd party tool that allows SourceSafe to be extended to remote developers over the internet.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

"Darren Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Can anyone recommend any version control software that works well with visual studio and asp.net development?

Darren Clark

So i can then run my site on the dev box...

with source safe install on the same machine..

THEN i can configure the application pools so that when i debug my app on IIS it only takes over that process not every other site on there?

"Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Visual SourceSafe is the standard. It works well for small to medium sized groups of developers.

SourceOffSite is a useful 3rd party tool that allows SourceSafe to be extended to remote developers over the internet.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP
http://Steve.Orr.net

"Darren Clark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Can anyone recommend any version control software that works well with visual studio and asp.net development?

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Who cares what sites it interferes with if it's all just a local copies? It won't interfere with anybody else.

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

[...]

Source safe isnt on vs.net 2003 CD???

where is it then ? seperate product?
[...]

Carlton858

> Can anyone recommend any version control software that works well with
> visual studio and asp.net development?

WinCVS works very well as a version control software with VS.Net and
ASP.net developemnt.

Is it COMPLETELY integrated with VS.Net? No, but the power and peace
of mind you get from CVS far outweighs COMPLETE integration with the
IDE.

Carlton

Eric Cherng

SourceSafe is only a part of VS.NET Enterprise editions.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/ho.../choosing.aspx

Eric