Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Warning: MVP.org is not a Microsoft MVP site

Warning: MVP.org is not a Microsoft MVP site

Steven Burn

[quoted from: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion]

The Microsoft MVPs have a web domain, mvps.org, which contains what
we hope are a lot of useful articles aimed at being of help to users
of Windows.

We have become aware that there is another domain, mvp.org without
the s, and would advise you all that this has no connection with the
Microsoft MVP program or its members, and may put visitors at risk
of "drive-by" installs of malware.

Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Alex Nichol
Doug Knox
Kelly Theriot
Ken Blake

Microsoft MVP program
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

[/quote]

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Jezebel

You'd have to have rocks in your head blindly to accept 'advice' from
Microsoft. The ultimate intent of EVERY message they send out is 'your money
belongs in our bank account'.

Presumably their only real objection to this site is that they have no
control over it.

"Steven Burn" <nobody@PVT_it-mate.co.uk> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [quoted from: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion]
>
> The Microsoft MVPs have a web domain, mvps.org, which contains what
> we hope are a lot of useful articles aimed at being of help to users
> of Windows.
>
> We have become aware that there is another domain, mvp.org without
> the s, and would advise you all that this has no connection with the
> Microsoft MVP program or its members, and may put visitors at risk
> of "drive-by" installs of malware.
>
> Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> Alex Nichol
> Doug Knox
> Kelly Theriot
> Ken Blake
>
> Microsoft MVP program
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>
> [/quote]
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Steven Burn
> Ur I.T. Mate Group
> www.it-mate.co.uk
>
> Keeping it FREE!
>
> Disclaimer:
> I know I'm probably wrong, I just like taking part ;o)

Bob Lehmann

uh yeah, right.....

Perhaps you should return to your ABM groups where you can stroke your
paranoia with the other *nix turds.

linsux makes you stupid.

Bob Lehmann

"Jezebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You'd have to have rocks in your head blindly to accept 'advice' from
> Microsoft. The ultimate intent of EVERY message they send out is 'your

money
> belongs in our bank account'.
>
> Presumably their only real objection to this site is that they have no
> control over it.
>

> "Steven Burn" <nobody@PVT_it-mate.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > [quoted from: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion]
> >
> > The Microsoft MVPs have a web domain, mvps.org, which contains what
> > we hope are a lot of useful articles aimed at being of help to users
> > of Windows.
> >
> > We have become aware that there is another domain, mvp.org without
> > the s, and would advise you all that this has no connection with the
> > Microsoft MVP program or its members, and may put visitors at risk
> > of "drive-by" installs of malware.
> >
> > Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > Alex Nichol
> > Doug Knox
> > Kelly Theriot
> > Ken Blake
> >
> > Microsoft MVP program
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >
> > [/quote]
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> >
> > Steven Burn
> > Ur I.T. Mate Group
> > www.it-mate.co.uk
> >
> > Keeping it FREE!
> >
> > Disclaimer:
> > I know I'm probably wrong, I just like taking part ;o)

Wesley Vogel

Jezebel;
Then go there! And get shot by a drive by.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
Jezebel <(E-Mail Removed)> hunted and pecked:
> You'd have to have rocks in your head blindly to accept 'advice' from
> Microsoft. The ultimate intent of EVERY message they send out is 'your money
> belongs in our bank account'.
>
> Presumably their only real objection to this site is that they have no
> control over it.
>

> "Steven Burn" <nobody@PVT_it-mate.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > [quoted from: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion]
> >
> > The Microsoft MVPs have a web domain, mvps.org, which contains what
> > we hope are a lot of useful articles aimed at being of help to users
> > of Windows.
> >
> > We have become aware that there is another domain, mvp.org without
> > the s, and would advise you all that this has no connection with the
> > Microsoft MVP program or its members, and may put visitors at risk
> > of "drive-by" installs of malware.
> >
> > Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > Alex Nichol
> > Doug Knox
> > Kelly Theriot
> > Ken Blake
> >
> > Microsoft MVP program
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >
> > [/quote]
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> >
> > Steven Burn
> > Ur I.T. Mate Group
> > www.it-mate.co.uk
> >
> > Keeping it FREE!
> >
> > Disclaimer:
> > I know I'm probably wrong, I just like taking part ;o)

Steven Burn

Some people just can't be told.......... ah well, tis not my system thats
gonna get infected ;o)

--
Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

Jezebel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You'd have to have rocks in your head blindly to accept 'advice' from
> Microsoft. The ultimate intent of EVERY message they send out is 'your

money
> belongs in our bank account'.
>
> Presumably their only real objection to this site is that they have no
> control over it.
>

> "Steven Burn" <nobody@PVT_it-mate.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > [quoted from: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion]
> >
> > The Microsoft MVPs have a web domain, mvps.org, which contains what
> > we hope are a lot of useful articles aimed at being of help to users
> > of Windows.
> >
> > We have become aware that there is another domain, mvp.org without
> > the s, and would advise you all that this has no connection with the
> > Microsoft MVP program or its members, and may put visitors at risk
> > of "drive-by" installs of malware.
> >
> > Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > Alex Nichol
> > Doug Knox
> > Kelly Theriot
> > Ken Blake
> >
> > Microsoft MVP program
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >
> > [/quote]
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> >
> > Steven Burn
> > Ur I.T. Mate Group
> > www.it-mate.co.uk
> >
> > Keeping it FREE!
> >
> > Disclaimer:
> > I know I'm probably wrong, I just like taking part ;o)

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]

> You'd have to have rocks in your head blindly to accept 'advice' from
> Microsoft. The ultimate intent of EVERY message they send out is 'your

money
> belongs in our bank account'.

Oh geez. Since Microsoft is successful, I guess they aren't supposed to act
like a business. But that doesn't mean they are behind of the schemes in
your paranoid view of the world.

--
Aaron Bertrand
SQL Server MVP

Dan Barclay

Jezebel,

For info, MS has no control over MVPs.org either. It was set up as an
independent site by and for current and former MVP's. It is definitely
*not* run by Microsoft. If you don't believe that, you should take a look
at some of the content.

I'm not familiar with the other site (mvp.org), but when I tried to pull it
up it tried to load a component on my machine. That's not nice. Just say
no.

Dan

"Jezebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You'd have to have rocks in your head blindly to accept 'advice' from
> Microsoft. The ultimate intent of EVERY message they send out is 'your

money
> belongs in our bank account'.
>
> Presumably their only real objection to this site is that they have no
> control over it.
>

> "Steven Burn" <nobody@PVT_it-mate.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > [quoted from: microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion]
> >
> > The Microsoft MVPs have a web domain, mvps.org, which contains what
> > we hope are a lot of useful articles aimed at being of help to users
> > of Windows.
> >
> > We have become aware that there is another domain, mvp.org without
> > the s, and would advise you all that this has no connection with the
> > Microsoft MVP program or its members, and may put visitors at risk
> > of "drive-by" installs of malware.
> >
> > Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > Alex Nichol
> > Doug Knox
> > Kelly Theriot
> > Ken Blake
> >
> > Microsoft MVP program
> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >
> > [/quote]
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> >
> > Steven Burn
> > Ur I.T. Mate Group
> > www.it-mate.co.uk
> >
> > Keeping it FREE!
> >
> > Disclaimer:
> > I know I'm probably wrong, I just like taking part ;o)

Jeff Cochran

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 09:57:19 +1100, "Jezebel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>You'd have to have rocks in your head blindly to accept 'advice' from
>Microsoft. The ultimate intent of EVERY message they send out is 'your money
>belongs in our bank account'.

Keep in mind that MVP's aren't employed by Microsoft. While we do
enjoy a certain level of support from Microsoft, we have extremely
varied backgrounds and loyalties, and when an MVP thinks you'd be
better served with a non-Microsoft option, they don't hesitate to
recommend it.

>Presumably their only real objection to this site is that they have no
>control over it.

You presume incorrectly. In fact, I'm not sure Microsoft has actually
voiced an objection to the site. Especially since it points to a
search engine and not a real site anyway.

Microsoft doesn't control, host or provide support to the mvps.org
site either.

And yes, I realize you're a troll. I'd just prefer that anyone
finding this thread in an archive understand your errors.

Jeff