Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Recorset Lock Types Not Working

Recorset Lock Types Not Working

Colin Steadman

Why doesnt this work -

rs.Open SQL, connection, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly

But this does

rs.Open SQL, connection, adOpenForwardOnly, 1

If I use the first option I get this error:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0bb9'
Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable
range, or are in conflict with one another

TIA,

Colin

Colin Steadman

>have you included ADOVBS.inc??

No. Never heard of it. Cant find a reference to it in my
book either.

>you either need to define the arguments
>
>eg
> adlockreadonly = 1
>
>or include the adovbs.inc file which describes what they

all are

>I think!!!

Yes thats done the trick, I've just included it and can
now use adlockreadonly properly.

So this is just a file full of constants, any reason I
cant put this in the global.asa file?

And thankyou for posting.

Colin

Bob Barrows

Colin Steadman wrote:

> So this is just a file full of constants, any reason I
> cant put this in the global.asa file?

Here's a better technique than using adovbs.inc:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2112

Bob Barrows

--
Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET