Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > send email

send email

Dune

Hi there,

I've got an asp page that uses CDO.Message and
CDO.Configuration to send an email.

I'm not receiving any of these emails normally (i.e. in
Outlook), instead they all end up in this folder :
Inetpub/Mailroot/Queue.

Could someone please explain what this means? Does this
mean the emails have been successfully sent?...or are they
waiting to be sent?

I'm pretty sure my smtpserver name is correct because i've
got the same thing going in .NET and it all works ok there
(as in I get an email thru Outlook). Just can't seem to
get it going in ASP.

Not sure if it this relevant...I'm behind a firewall, so
i'm assuming the smtpserver name is for a smart host,
which is fine in .NET, but i'm not sure how that'll work
out in ASP (eg. what do i set the serverport number to?)

Confused!

dev

Is the SMTP server started ?

"Dune" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:049101c3d3dc$2db665a0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi there,
>
> I've got an asp page that uses CDO.Message and
> CDO.Configuration to send an email.
>
> I'm not receiving any of these emails normally (i.e. in
> Outlook), instead they all end up in this folder :
> Inetpub/Mailroot/Queue.
>
> Could someone please explain what this means? Does this
> mean the emails have been successfully sent?...or are they
> waiting to be sent?
>
> I'm pretty sure my smtpserver name is correct because i've
> got the same thing going in .NET and it all works ok there
> (as in I get an email thru Outlook). Just can't seem to
> get it going in ASP.
>
> Not sure if it this relevant...I'm behind a firewall, so
> i'm assuming the smtpserver name is for a smart host,
> which is fine in .NET, but i'm not sure how that'll work
> out in ASP (eg. what do i set the serverport number to?)
>

> Confused!

Dune

Yup.

Aaron Bertrand [MVP]