Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > ASP or ASP.Net

ASP or ASP.Net

Me

Hi!
I have been working on samples of ASP site components suchas guest book ,
forum ...
i have downloaded these samples from free sites.
I want to know what's the difference between traditional ASP and ASP.Net and
whick is more powerful and better?
I want to work on asp full time.
Which must i turn into?

Curt_C [MVP]

FYI... this has been answered MANY MANY times if you read over past posts.
I suggest a browse/search.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

"Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
> I have been working on samples of ASP site components suchas guest book ,
> forum ...
> i have downloaded these samples from free sites.
> I want to know what's the difference between traditional ASP and ASP.Net

and
> whick is more powerful and better?
> I want to work on asp full time.
> Which must i turn into?

Jeff Cochran

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 01:07:12 +0330, "Me" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi!
>I have been working on samples of ASP site components suchas guest book ,
>forum ...
>i have downloaded these samples from free sites.
>I want to know what's the difference between traditional ASP and ASP.Net and
>whick is more powerful and better?
>I want to work on asp full time.
>Which must i turn into?

FAQ:

http://aspnetfaq.com/default.aspx?CategoryId=49

And a decent exercise:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...pvsnetlab3.asp

And for a huge listing of answers to your question:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...et&sa=N&tab=wg

Jeff