Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How to translate value in URL

How to translate value in URL

Krechting

Hi All,

I have a nagging problem.
I try to put a value of the autonumber field of a record into a string
so it can be read in a new page.
In the first form I use in HTML the following:

JavaScript:window.open('Weapon_related.asp?<%=myAu toNum%>...... etc
When I open the page I get an error and in the properties I read this:

http://localhost/Weapon2000/Weapon_related.asp?<%=myAutoNum%>

Where it should say:
http://localhost/Weapon2000/Weapon_related.asp?26

In ASP code I have written:
MyAutoNum = Recordset.Fields("txtWID") ---> where txtWID is the autonum field.
for example 26.

How do I get the code to return the actual number (26) instead of <%=myAutoNum%>

This would help a great deal
Marco
The Netherlands

Brynn

Most of the people that read the db group also read the general ...
there is no need to multi-post the same question