Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > How is this done

How is this done

James Johnson

I was browsing the newsgroup and viewed a website that
interest me. Look at this example:

http://www.fullrevolution.com/calendar40/calendar.asp?
caltype=day&date=1/29/2004#Eight

It is a calendar based internet application. I was
wondering how it displays blocks of time out similar to
Outlook. If you view that page, you will notice that it
shows a day view and has conference room blocked out from
8-5 and they showed it in a graphical form. I can
understand writing out a message saying conference room
for each allocated time slot, but how do they continue
the rectangle block for the allocated time. If anyone
understand what I am trying to say and has any resources,
I would be delighted to hear conversations about this.
Thanks for all your help.

Jon

http://www.fullrev.com/calendar_overview.asp

"James Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:033001c3d0ed$9f150f90$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I was browsing the newsgroup and viewed a website that
> interest me. Look at this example:
>
> http://www.fullrevolution.com/calendar40/calendar.asp?
> caltype=day&date=1/29/2004#Eight
>
> It is a calendar based internet application. I was
> wondering how it displays blocks of time out similar to
> Outlook. If you view that page, you will notice that it
> shows a day view and has conference room blocked out from
> 8-5 and they showed it in a graphical form. I can
> understand writing out a message saying conference room
> for each allocated time slot, but how do they continue
> the rectangle block for the allocated time. If anyone
> understand what I am trying to say and has any resources,
> I would be delighted to hear conversations about this.
> Thanks for all your help.

James Johnson

>http://www.fullrev.com/calendar_overview.asp

No. That tells about the product, I was wondering how you
can programmatically block out time spans using ASP. For
instance, if your showing a day schedule, how do you show
on a website that from 8-5 is allocated to a certain
project using a block or rectangle to show there is an
event, just like Microsoft Outlook.

Hopefully that helps.

wrote in message
>news:033001c3d0ed$9f150f90$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I was browsing the newsgroup and viewed a website that
>> interest me. Look at this example:
>>
>> http://www.fullrevolution.com/calendar40/calendar.asp?
>> caltype=day&date=1/29/2004#Eight
>>
>> It is a calendar based internet application. I was
>> wondering how it displays blocks of time out similar to
>> Outlook. If you view that page, you will notice that it
>> shows a day view and has conference room blocked out

from
>> 8-5 and they showed it in a graphical form. I can
>> understand writing out a message saying conference room
>> for each allocated time slot, but how do they continue
>> the rectangle block for the allocated time. If anyone
>> understand what I am trying to say and has any

resources,
>> I would be delighted to hear conversations about this.
>> Thanks for all your help.
>>

>.

Dave Anderson

"James Johnson" wrote:

http://www.fullrevolution.com/calend.../29/2004#Eight

> ...I was wondering how it displays blocks of time
> out similar to Outlook...

Badly.

Try looking at it with a standards-based browser, like Mozilla or Opera.
Ugh.
http://www.mozilla.org/
http://www.opera.com/

--
Dave Anderson

Curt_C [MVP]

It's just HTML tables most likely, with some coloring and preset sizes.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

"James Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:077c01c3d13e$2ca8e6b0$(E-Mail Removed)...

> >http://www.fullrev.com/calendar_overview.asp

> No. That tells about the product, I was wondering how you
> can programmatically block out time spans using ASP. For
> instance, if your showing a day schedule, how do you show
> on a website that from 8-5 is allocated to a certain
> project using a block or rectangle to show there is an
> event, just like Microsoft Outlook.
>
> Hopefully that helps.

Jeff Cochran

On Thu, 1 Jan 2004 21:02:29 -0800, "James Johnson"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I was browsing the newsgroup and viewed a website that
>interest me. Look at this example:
>
>http://www.fullrevolution.com/calendar40/calendar.asp?
>caltype=day&date=1/29/2004#Eight
>
>It is a calendar based internet application. I was
>wondering how it displays blocks of time out similar to
>Outlook. If you view that page, you will notice that it
>shows a day view and has conference room blocked out from
>8-5 and they showed it in a graphical form. I can
>understand writing out a message saying conference room
>for each allocated time slot, but how do they continue
>the rectangle block for the allocated time. If anyone
>understand what I am trying to say and has any resources,
>I would be delighted to hear conversations about this.

Tables. It's not ASP as such, just the HTML code, using ROWSPAN.
Each half hour is a row, so rowspan = "4" would be a two-hour block.

Jeff

Jon

Each 'event' is a table in it's own right, within that cell, view the
source:

<TABLE CLASS='EventMonthTable'>
<TR>
<TD WIDTH='10' BGCOLOR='#800080'><FONT
CLASS='EventMonthTitleFont'>&nbsp;&nbsp;</FONT></TD>
<TD CLASS='EventMonthTimeCell'><FONT
CLASS='EventMonthTimeFont'>09:00AM</FONT></TD>
<TD CLASS='EventMonthTitleCell'><FONT CLASS='EventMonthTitleFont'><A
CLASS='EventMonthTitleFont'
HREF="calendar.asp?action=eventdetail&eventid=2146 1"
onclick="NewWindow(this.href,'aspWebCalendar','430 ','500','yes');return
false">misc</A></FONT></TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
Where:

..EventMonthTable { border-style:solid; border-width:1; border-color:black;
border-collapse:collapse; border-width:1; text-align:left;
background-color:white; padding:1; width:100%; }

etc..

I guess the asp is showing each record, in its own table, in time order, on
the day in question.

Jon

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It's just HTML tables most likely, with some coloring and preset sizes.
>

> --
> Curt Christianson
> Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software
> www.Darkfalz.com
>

> "James Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:077c01c3d13e$2ca8e6b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >>
> > >http://www.fullrev.com/calendar_overview.asp

> > No. That tells about the product, I was wondering how you
> > can programmatically block out time spans using ASP. For
> > instance, if your showing a day schedule, how do you show
> > on a website that from 8-5 is allocated to a certain
> > project using a block or rectangle to show there is an
> > event, just like Microsoft Outlook.
> >
> > Hopefully that helps.

Brynn

That would be SUPER EASY to build but VERY time-consuming ... lol

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I was browsing the newsgroup and viewed a website that
>interest me. Look at this example:
>
>http://www.fullrevolution.com/calendar40/calendar.asp?
>caltype=day&date=1/29/2004#Eight
>
>It is a calendar based internet application. I was
>wondering how it displays blocks of time out similar to
>Outlook. If you view that page, you will notice that it
>shows a day view and has conference room blocked out from
>8-5 and they showed it in a graphical form. I can
>understand writing out a message saying conference room
>for each allocated time slot, but how do they continue
>the rectangle block for the allocated time. If anyone
>understand what I am trying to say and has any resources,
>I would be delighted to hear conversations about this.
>Thanks for all your help.

Brynn
www.coolpier.com