Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP General > Windows Script Encoder

Windows Script Encoder

Paul Home

Hi
How come I always encountered this error after executing the following
command ?

C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASP>screnc admin.asp eadmin.asp

Scripting encoder object ("Scripting.Encoder") failed on
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ASP\
admin.asp

I really had no idea about the error hit above. Still the same result no
matter how hard I tried it with different switches. The IDIOT encoder really
put me in a maze without any clue on tracing out the cause as I'm in
imminent need of encoding my ASP application from prying eyes.

Thanks for your help in advance.

freaky friday

> I'm in imminent need of encoding my ASP application from prying eyes.

Don't bother using the encoder for this. Compile your code into a DLL. The
encoder is not safe at all; see http://www.klaphek.nl/nr6/scrdec.html

Foo Man Chew

> matter how hard I tried it with different switches. The IDIOT encoder
really
> put me in a maze without any clue on tracing out the cause as I'm in
> imminent need of encoding my ASP application from prying eyes.

Security through obscurity != security. If you want to hide your code from
prying eyes, do it right. Obfuscation is all the encoder really does, and
reversing it is child's play.